Pep Guardiola

Stric

Allegedly, Guardiola has signed a pre-contract to take over Manchester City at the end of the 12/13 season... But then again, I don't know which sites and sources to believe, so I'll just pretend I didn't read anything.

Stric

Thank goodness. Sorry for that post. I can't understand how these "reporters" make up complete stories, with names and statements and everything.

desoe

The story about City is a complete bullshit and it's obvious, but I still suspect the Soriano/Txiki factor could really boost City's chances to sign him. Plus, every manager on earth would like to go on a new place and have important people from the high floors watching his back. And you can bet that Soriano and Txiki will be doing that.

Chelsea would be a mistake. It'd be great to see Pep managing Hazard, Mata and Oscar and make them even better, but the way Abramovich is treating his managers (even his best ones) is just terrible. Pep do not deserve a shit like this.

Plus, the way Roman is trying to give directions in his managers' work is ridiculous. Pep would never be allright with this.

Last edited:

jairzinho

Yeah Pep to Man City would probably make the most sense at least from a Business point of view. Apart from that, i'd really like to see him replace Del Bosque when the old man decides to pack it up. Pep in charge of spain would be fantastic. :D

89Norcal

The media is sort of using Pep as a tool against sitting managers at stable clubs to create more drama and pressure. Basically any manager at a big club now is slightly more tense knowing that Pep Guardiola could be on the market for a job again.

Stric

What do you guys think... if Pep was ready to coach again after a one-year break, would he rather take a job at another club or return to coach Barca, if the situation was such that Barca wanted/needed him back?

oggmar

What do you guys think... if Pep was ready to coach again after a one-year break, would he rather take a job at another club or return to coach Barca, if the situation was such that Barca wanted/needed him back?

If barcelona really needed him back, sure he could go back. If they just wanted him I think no, he wants a new challenge most likely.

Stric

It's a completely theoretical question, just to be clear. Tito's is doing so well ATM that I don't see a reason why Pep would want/need to come back anytime soon.

89Norcal

He would definitely arrive in open arms, but it would be unfortunate for Tito if Pep came back right now. It would be cool to see Pep at Man Utd

F

Flavia

@barcastuff
Former Barcelona coach Guardiola has arrived in Doha, Qatar, for talks. It has not been revealed with who or why. [bein]

:eusa_think:

DennyCrane

@barcastuff
Former Barcelona coach Guardiola has arrived in Doha, Qatar, for talks. It has not been revealed with who or why. [bein]

:eusa_think:

L'equipe reported today that the Qatar Sports Investments wants him as the new coach of PSG; they also say that Ancelotti might be sacked soon and that Eric Gerets (!?) might take over Ancelottis' job until summer. That might explain his presence in Doha, if he's actually there that is.

Pep managing the Zlatman again - holy fuck.

Source: http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Le-qatar-veut-une-grande-lessive/331141

Home of Barca Fans