Pedro Rodriguez

F

Flavia

I don't think he'll get back to what he once was, ever. He's past his prime.

CatalinR10

Missed a great chance in the first half due to his first touch. His first touch was what made him a decent player but now it seems that he is losing even that.

spark

Come on Pedro, I'm not mad at the team or at the result but Pedro has contributed very little for the past two or three seasons, save for getting an odd goal here and there in a big scoreline. Not only that, he has never really looked like scoring; I'd rather he get into those positions with intelligent runs and fluff the chances, but he hasn't even done that! He's just not done anything really, and after this long and this many games I think his time at Barcelona may be coming to a close.

Definitely 3 seasons. Cant really find any more excuses for him. 3 different coaches and no change.

barcanuck

Someone posted a stat in here where he only scored like 1 goal in his last 20 CL matches. I say we play him exclusively in Spain.

Chainsaw

Killahead
I don't think he'll get back to what he once was, ever. He's past his prime.

Unfortunately I think this is it. He's turning from one of my favorite players to one of the most frustrating players to watch. Sad to say but, I think it's better that Barca and Pedro go separate ways at the end of the season. Better for both parties.

Cule4life

The Culest
If I didn't know the lineup it would probably have taken me at least half an hour to realize that he was playing. That just about sums it up. Pedro has been dead weight for 2 seasons now. At any other big club he would have been long gone. But we have to to learn to put up with him as he's not going anywhere before "2016 "at least

BerkeleyBernie

If I didn't know the lineup it would probably have taken me at least half an hour to realize that [insert Barça player name here] was playing.

Hell, Xavi hardly got a touch in the first half. I didn't know the lineup and it *did* take me awhile to realize Xavi was on the pitch.

Looks like the scapegoaters are out goat hunting again. Blaming a forward for Barça's inability to deal with the Ajax press and get the ball out of their own half. :lol:

Who created the best Barça chance of the first half at 25 minutes, brilliant through-ball to Neymar, who just missed wide of the far post? Oh yeah, that was Pedro.

Cule4life

The Culest
Hell, Xavi hardly got a touch in the first half. I didn't know the lineup and it *did* take me awhile to realize Xavi was on the pitch.

Looks like the scapegoaters are out goat hunting again. Blaming a forward for Barça's inability to deal with the Ajax press and get the ball out of their own half. :lol:

Who created the best Barça chance of the first half at 25 minutes, brilliant through-ball to Neymar, who just missed wide of the far post? Oh yeah, that was Pedro.

I would argue with you but seeing your sig and my deduction skills i have decided otherwise

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
There are few players in the squad that are as inconsistent as Pedro has been for a couple of seasons...He'll have a MOTM performance followed by a string of underwhelming ones...Strange since he hasn't really shown a decline of pace or skill

The Observer

Nothing strange about it. Teams don't defend Barca the same way they did when he broke out. That's all there is to it.

Once upon a time, the space between the lines that top teams like Real Madrid and Manchester United would offer Barcelona:

rm1.jpg

Screenshot-8-1024x576.png

Even Granada doesn't defend like that anymore. What worked well in 2009 doesn't have to work in 2013. Of course Pedro himself hasn't lost any ability at 26 years of age. Teams have simply adapted to his skillset.

Which is also why in general people shouldn't judge Barca on 2008 / 2009 standards. If teams played this current Barca like they used to play Barca in the past, Messi alone would score 150 goals in a season.

Last edited:

Mr Hulot

You guys are being really hard on him. It was not his best game but he had to amazing passes in the first half that put Neymar one on one with the goalkeeper.

Home of Barca Fans