Pedro Rodriguez

CatalinR10

Let's dispel this idiotic metaphor, yes? Pedro has an identifiable gangly look to his running when he is pressing and cutting down angles between two opponents, but it is hardly without purpose (i.e. "headless chicken"). He offered similar runs in behind as Munir, and can't fault him for Dani's pass not being as "accurate" as Raktic's deflected pass. He was instructed to play at the top and received little service (expected, as he was marked by the two centerbacks), but his purpose was to open the space for others playing a man down. The few touches he received, he had 100% passing accuracy. He got one chance on goal, and took it well. His "headless chicken" running recovered a cleared ball off a defender and got it back into the box.

Let's describe Munir's game yesterday as if he were the hated Pedro:

"Sheesh, all he does is back pass."
"Sheesh, he justs gives the ball to Messi."
"Sheesh, 1v1 on the keeper with a gaping goal, and he skies it into the crossbar."
"Sheesh, he just squared the ball with no one there. Why didn't he shoot instead of always looking for Messi?"
"Yeah, nice finish, but that was a lucky deflection from Rakitic. Three chances in the box, and he only put one in. Same old Pedro."

I enjoyed the game yesterday, thought the whole team was playing well and clicking. Very entertaining. Lots of moves that didn't get a result, but were fun to watch. A fine opening game. But I guess the haters still have to find something to hate, no matter how good a performance the team put in.

aEwbnRx_460sa.gif

BerkeleyBernie

LOL he wasn't even 1v1 with the keeper, it was a hard angle to score from and he smashed it on the crossbar while Pedro is running right at the goal and shots exactly where the GK stands.

Yeah: "smashed it on to the crossbar" equals "fucking missed" when Pedro does it. :lol:

Munir beat his marker and had an open goal. Pedro had two defenders in front of him and split them with the only angle he had. Good attempts by both.

In any case, both players had good games, Munir had a fine finish on one of his three opportunities, and both the hate for Pedro and the gushing over Munir are over-the-top.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
In any case, both players had good games, Munir had a fine finish on one of his three opportunities, and both the hate for Pedro and the gushing over Munir are over-the-top.

While this may be true, Munir is praised because he's a youngster who was only playing in the Juvenil A but a year ago. Whereas Pedro has been with the squad for a long time and we know that Pedrito is capable of so much more. And since Pedro is no longer the classic Pedro from 2009-2011, people get upset with him and bash him. Just my take on it.

Off topic, if I may, might I suggest that you add a hint of Ray Hudson to your signature and change it to "Perfectly Magisterial Strikeforce."

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Yeah: "smashed it on to the crossbar" equals "fucking missed" when Pedro does it. :lol:

Munir beat his marker and had an open goal. Pedro had two defenders in front of him and split them with the only angle he had. Good attempts by both.

can't remember when Pedro hit the crossbar and people moaned that he missed. He often shoots straight at the keeper though :pep:

BBZ8800

So, Alexis, the biggest flop in the universe, scored 47 Goals in 134 appearances for Barca, and he was hailed here as the greatest man who ever lived.
Anyone who doubted his "talent" (lol) was an idiot.

On the other hand, Pedro scored 41 Goals in 138 appearances in the same period when Alexis was here, and he is hated by most of the fans.
Also, whoever defends him, talks crap.
Plus, he should go away and make room for guys like Adama and Sandro.
Not too much difference between those two, but one is a God, and the other one is the the biggest "crap" of a player.

Lol. There is no unreasonable bias on this forum and extreme overrating of some players.

Last edited:
L

linetty

So, Alexis, the biggest flop in the universe, scored 47 Goals in 134 appearances for Barca, and he was hailed here as the greatest man who ever lived.
Anyone who doubted his "talent" (lol) was an idiot.

On the other hand, Pedro scored 41 Goals in 138 appearances in the same period when Alexis was here, and he is hated by most of the fans.
Also, whoever defends him, talks crap.
Plus, he should go away and make room for guys like Adama and Sandro.
Not too much difference between those two, but one is a God, and the other one is the the biggest "crap" of a player.

Lol. There is no unreasonable bias on this forum and extreme overrating of some players.
Hailed as the greatest man who ever lived?! :lol: :lol:

Pedro is shit for some time now and biased is the guy with 'In Pedro We Trust' in his signature if anything.

Zangash

Banned
Let's dispel this idiotic metaphor, yes? Pedro has an identifiable gangly look to his running when he is pressing and cutting down angles between two opponents, but it is hardly without purpose (i.e. "headless chicken"). He offered similar runs in behind as Munir, and can't fault him for Dani's pass not being as "accurate" as Raktic's deflected pass. He was instructed to play at the top and received little service (expected, as he was marked by the two centerbacks), but his purpose was to open the space for others playing a man down. The few touches he received, he had 100% passing accuracy. He got one chance on goal, and took it well. His "headless chicken" running recovered a cleared ball off a defender and got it back into the box.

Let's describe Munir's game yesterday as if he were the hated Pedro:

"Sheesh, all he does is back pass."
"Sheesh, he justs gives the ball to Messi."
"Sheesh, 1v1 on the keeper with a gaping goal, and he skies it into the crossbar."
"Sheesh, he just squared the ball with no one there. Why didn't he shoot instead of always looking for Messi?"
"Yeah, nice finish, but that was a lucky deflection from Rakitic. Three chances in the box, and he only put one in. Same old Pedro."

I enjoyed the game yesterday, thought the whole team was playing well and clicking. Very entertaining. Lots of moves that didn't get a result, but were fun to watch. A fine opening game. But I guess the haters still have to find something to hate, no matter how good a performance the team put in.

It grows harder and harder to take you seriously. Pedro is 9 years older than Munir. They should not under any circumstances have their contributions judged evenly. The very fact that you have to stoop down to comparing how well Pedro plays to a 18 and a 21 year old shows just how shit Pedro is now.

BBZ8800

Just wait and see what will happen in Arsenal.
I can already see a new excuse: "That is not a good team for him. They should utilize him like in Chilean NT"
Well, it seems that he can play well only in smaller teams where he is the center of the team.

But, ok, let's see what will the "magic" Alexis deliver in Arsenal.
A part of the press already shake their heads and raises some serious questions.

But Asexis delivered the "sex" whereas Pedro just has his weird mustache thing.

I usually look at girls, so it is hard to comment on that, so I have no idea what to say about that one.
But still, I have never heard any girl in my area that said anything about Alexis.

Maybe he is more attractive in some other parts of the world. Or whatever "he delivers sex" means :/

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
It grows harder and harder to take you seriously. Pedro is 9 years older than Munir. They should not under any circumstances have their contributions judged evenly. The very fact that you have to stoop down to comparing how well Pedro plays to a 18 and a 21 year old shows just how shit Pedro is now.

8 years older. Munir turns 19 next Monday. But I agree.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I usually look at girls, so it is hard to comment on that, so I have no idea what to say about that one.
But still, I have never heard any girl in my area that said anything about Alexis.

Nah, it's just what the forumgoers would say when he had a good performance. Because he was the so called "jugadorazo." They called him Asexis too because he always took his shirt off to celebrate.

:VdB:

Home of Barca Fans