Paulinho

BerkeleyBernie

We should consider playing like Stoke or any "bully" EPL team at this point. Paulinho and Gomes need to be the big bad bullies of the mid, with crazy sliding tackles and the ability to play long balls to Suarez and Messi. Come to think of it, it wouldn't be bad at all. We could play a 4-4-2 with Gomes and Paulinho as CM/DM hybrids.

It would be a change of style but it would definitely catch teams by surprise when they see our team with crazy tackles, 30 % possession, and playing the long balls game. Fully expect Mascherano to be a starter too.

:rofl1::lol: :rofl1: :lol: :rofl1:

Zuti

Barca's 4th most expensive signing in history. :VdB:

I know the market has gone crazy, but damn, this so wrong on so many levels.

Noex

The Swedish Wizard
5429484-4942456834-latest

This club is in shambles.

ryuken

Load of bs come out. Cant bother to care bout that article bcuz the author choose to entirely ignore the premis of the hate here, 40 freaking millions Euro for a 29 years old China league player which they bought for 15 freaking millions from Levy's team.

jamrock

I don't get why some are trying to rationalize those transfer being saying he will be good for us, I'm sure he will be some version of good for us, some even argued paco was some version of god for us last season.

The thing about the transfer is the optics of it and that we could have gotten a better & younger player for the same price.

Futbol club Barcelona proceeds to buy a player for the Chinese super league for 40m euros, so when every other club is looking to get money out of China we are putting money in.

We bought a freaking almost 30 year old for his full clause of 40m euros & will be paying him 5m Euros per year.

Name one other club across Europe who is buying players from China but to mention a top club like we use to be?. Can you imagine if someone at Bayern signed off one a 40m euro transfer from china.

Chelsea sign bakayoko for the same money, we could have gotten seri a player i have never seen play and looks forty but who seems to be playing well for the same amount of money who would at least have some resale value if things didn't work out.

Matic went for similar money, and I'm sure I'm messing a few, so clearly the powers that be, didn't even try to scout and find a real solution to there problem, Roberto just seems to think he is some kinda of transfer genius who sees more than us and wasted 90m on Gomes and freak paulinho.

El Barcelona

I don't get why some are trying to rationalize those transfer being saying he will be good for us, I'm sure he will be some version of good for us, some even argued paco was some version of god for us last season.

The thing about the transfer is the optics of it and that we could have gotten a better & younger player for the same price.

Futbol club Barcelona proceeds to buy a player for the Chinese super league for 40m euros, so when every other club is looking to get money out of China we are putting money in.

We bought a freaking almost 30 year old for his full clause of 40m euros & will be paying him 5m Euros per year.

Name one other club across Europe who is buying players from China but to mention a top club like we use to be?. Can you imagine if someone at Bayern signed off one a 40m euro transfer from china.

Chelsea sign bakayoko for the same money, we could have gotten seri a player i have never seen play and looks forty but who seems to be playing well for the same amount of money who would at least have some resale value if things didn't work out.

Matic went for similar money, and I'm sure I'm messing a few, so clearly the powers that be, didn't even try to scout and find a real solution to there problem, Roberto just seems to think he is some kinda of transfer genius who sees more than us and wasted 90m on Gomes and freak paulinho.
:goodpost:
If he adapts quickly he can give our midfield some balls but this is just short time planning with a huge risk. There are so much better options on the market for that money, you even forgot Fabinho who would cost not much more than the 29yr old Brazilian who flopped massively in Europe..

Guess we're at the bargaining stage right now, depression is up next.

kubler-ross-12.png

Depression check!

Home of Barca Fans