Paco Alcácer

F

FlaFCB

He's like Ibra. Not of the same quality, but style. And Ibra struggled with Xavi and Iniesta. It makes zero sense if licho signed him to play like Suarez. I honestly thought he wanted variety. Now idk anymore.

tikitakito

I am not even near ofdefending his play on saturday but something bothers me. How come CF against a bus has no passes and does not touch the ball? See this example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2oyUx9mp7o

min 44:17 of the game ... he is clear and first to be assisted by the player with the ball. Only a tap-in from the goal. It is no brainer to assist him. And what happends? Some "circus-pass" loop on 2nd post for some "crazy-shit" goal.

I am dissapointed with Paco statsand clearly it is better to have anyone else on that position right now. But it is not all his fault.

wow that is NOT a good example , Deniz was facing him with his back in that timeframe and distance his only option was to whip it over the defence to give such ball to paco would actually require a circus pass or backheel.

serghei

wow that is NOT a good example , Deniz was facing him with his back in that timeframe and distance his only option was to whip it over the defence to give such ball to paco would actually require a circus pass or backheel.

Maybe not the best example but the point stands. He is obviously lacking in movement atm, but several times he manages to get himself in good positions and he still isn't played. Maybe his teammates don't trust him as they trust Suarez.

I'd like to see him play with Messi from the start. The few times he started, Messi didn't play. And Messi is our only no10. Nobody else is a playmaker in this team outside Messi.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Maybe not the best example but the point stands. He is obviously lacking in movement atm, but several times he manages to get himself in good positions and he still isn't played. Maybe his teammates don't trust him as they trust Suarez.

I'd like to see him play with Messi from the start. The few times he started, Messi didn't play. And Messi is our only no10. Nobody else is a playmaker in this team outside Messi.

Iniesta is, and we struggle so much without him.

serghei

Iniesta is, and we struggle so much without him.

He is, too bad we're not using him like one. A playmaker with... how many assists does Iniesta have under Lucho in 2.5 years? Just because Iniesta turned up massively in some top games, doesn't mean he is a playmaker for Lucho's Barcelona.

Potroh

I'd like to see him play with Messi from the start. The few times he started, Messi didn't play.

A year ago Messi was out for two months injured but Neymar and Suarez won the games for the team, including the Clasico.
That means, when in good form, Suarez is not "Messi dependent" so Alcacer shouldn't be judged if he plays with Messi or whomever, because the core question is IF Alcacer is a Barca material or not, regardless the others. I think he is not - unfortunately...

By watching his goals last season I came to the easy conclusion that he is way better in counter-attacks, whereas Suarez is dangerous even if outnumbered by the defense. Alcacer is not and that makes the difference.

Messi983

A year ago Messi was out for two months injured but Neymar and Suarez won the games for the team, including the Clasico.
That means, when in good form, Suarez is not "Messi dependent" so Alcacer shouldn't be judged if he plays with Messi or whomever, because the core question is IF Alcacer is a Barca material or not, regardless the others. I think he is not - unfortunately...

When Messi was injured this season Neymar and Suarez didn't do much, so I guess they are also Messi dependent when they are not in form.

And you can't really compare Suarez to Paco. One is a proven worldclass player who has been here for more than two years and knows exactly what his role in team is, but even he is this season out of his best form and probably low on confidence as it usually happens with strikers when they don't score for some time. Paco also has low confidence now but even bigger problem is he's not adapted to the team yet. It's hard to adapt and score if you don't play regularly. I think he'll be fine. He needs more time to learn his role better and a goal or two to get his confidence back. His golden opportunity will be in January when I hope he'll start most if not all Copa games, hopefully some of them besides Messi.

gregorrin10

He gets his chance tonight alongside Messi AND Iniesta, FINALLY! If the 2 best creators in the world can't get him start scoring, nothing will. Happy for him, really hoping for his goal, he deserves it, since him playing most of the time so far for us was when the bench players and even B team players also played. He's a poacher, he needs quality supply, and who better than Messi and Iniesta to give it to him.

mark1nhu

Well, he ran a lot and was way more involved than previous matches.

Still didn't show what we want to see, but I think we shouldn't give up on him YET.

Home of Barca Fans