Paco Alcácer

F

Flavia

Both md and sport are saying the signing will be difficult. I don't think it'll happen.

bismp

Isn't that how much we paid for Villa? :0

Dunno,but if it's true it shows how rapidly the market is changing.Villa was at least a top 5 striker back then,and Alcacer is just a decent one.I mean,come on,Chokein cost 90M,the same as Ronaldo did back in 2009.(We obviously don't particularly like Penaldo here,but he was phenomenal back then).All this change has occurred in a span of a decade, it's crazy...

Co0ter

Who will be a better option though?

And he isn't just barely better than Munir. He's clearly better(as of now) and Spain's best #9 prospect by far.

About 15 goals in 40 games isn't really impressive, especially considering he takes some penalties too. Quite a few of his goals are tap ins as well. Munir has been mostly played out of position too on the wing, do you think Alcacer will look okay on the wing too? He's not much better. Absolutely not 40mil better which is hilarious, honestly.

If he's Spain's BEST #9 prospect then I'm not surprised Spain has been doing lousy lately, the new talent just isn't the same.

For 40mil, there should be a TON of options. Don't you think?

Last edited:

Blaugrana Man

Dunno,but if it's true it shows how rapidly the market is changing.Villa was at least a top 5 striker back then,and Alcacer is just a decent one.I mean,come on,Chokein cost 90M,the same as Ronaldo did back in 2009.(We obviously don't particularly like Penaldo here,but he was phenomenal back then).All this change has occurred in a span of a decade, it's crazy...

If I remember correctly (which I very well might not) Villa was 40m.

However, consider how insane the market has gotten, and consider the age difference between Alcacer and Villa, as well as the gulf in class between the teammates Villa had and the players Alcacer has been forced to play with.

I don't want to justify his price tag, which I still think is insane, but there is a pretty serious amount of correlation to the market and the need. Paco is young, talented, and willing to sit behind the best front three in the world. You have to pay for that.

If Borja Baston is worth whatever ridiculous fee he pulled in, surely this kid is worth the money + variables it seems we are willing to shell out. There isn't a younger, better striker prospect available to us for this kind of money. Gomez might truly be the better financial and practical short term solution, but if Paco can develop with the best players in the world in front of him and one of the best managers behind him, this might well be an absolute steal.

Vilarrubi

If I remember correctly (which I very well might not) Villa was 40m.

However, consider how insane the market has gotten, and consider the age difference between Alcacer and Villa, as well as the gulf in class between the teammates Villa had and the players Alcacer has been forced to play with.

I don't want to justify his price tag, which I still think is insane, but there is a pretty serious amount of correlation to the market and the need. Paco is young, talented, and willing to sit behind the best front three in the world. You have to pay for that.

If Borja Baston is worth whatever ridiculous fee he pulled in, surely this kid is worth the money + variables it seems we are willing to shell out. There isn't a younger, better striker prospect available to us for this kind of money. Gomez might truly be the better financial and practical short term solution, but if Paco can develop with the best players in the world in front of him and one of the best managers behind him, this might well be an absolute steal.

+1

Gameiro was going to be 30m+ who only last season was better and 7 years older. Paco could be a great signing and a genuine option as a starter or off the bench who can make an impact.

God Serena

Lol we spent 40m on Turan and he should probably be less than a rotational player. Bringing in a backup for MSN is absolutely crucial imo and if we have to overspend to make that a reality, I say go for it.

F

Flavia

About 15 goals in 40 games isn't really impressive, especially considering he takes some penalties too. Quite a few of his goals are tap ins as well. Munir has been mostly played out of position too on the wing, do you think Alcacer will look okay on the wing too? He's not much better. Absolutely not 40mil better which is hilarious, honestly.

If he's Spain's BEST #9 prospect then I'm not surprised Spain has been doing lousy lately, the new talent just isn't the same.

For 40mil, there should be a TON of options. Don't you think?
like whom? There aren't that many options.

Hassan Ashas

I am wondering that why do we even need a substitute striker? Messi and Neymar, both can play tremendously well at that position and we got Denis Suarez, Turan and even Rafinha and Roberto can also play at the wings.. I would still prefer Messi/Neymar as ST if Suarez get injured instead of Paco if he joins our team though Paco is only a good signing if you are planning to get him for long term plans, as a player who would replace the aging Suarez in the coming years but that's only possible if Paco do become one of the best strikers in the world... This guy has the potential but playing as a substitute won't really help him in getting developed, to be honest..

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
The irony, of course, is that Jese, Deulofeu & Alcacer basically have been featured attackers on the NT level for years. Jese sells for an obscene amount of money despite having proven nothing, Alcacer for more and Deulo who is effectively our own player is being marginalized far from Barcelona. Very strange

Professor Chaos

At first I thought it is possible to sign Paco, but now I'm sure it's the biggest bullshit of Catalan media along with Vietto.

We will end up with Luan or nobody.

serghei

For a bit more you could perhaps snatch Lacazette from Lyon.

Would be too much even if I like Alcacer. He'll come as a 4th choice right now, even though he got the potential to be much more than that IMO. But not before 3 years or so.

40m. for a player you can use 7-8 years or more is not too much. Divide that cost to the time you can use him and it looks a lot better. To me, for 40m, he is one of the players you should buy. Imagine if he is willing to play a rotational role for 2-3 seasons (big if though) and he just explodes by the time Suarez slows down. We would have a seamless transition at no9, which is every team dreams of.

opjeoff

40m euros right? john stones went for 50m pounds, this is how the market is. if we are stingy with money someone else will snap him up and we'll be left with Luan

Home of Barca Fans