Ousmane Dembélé

Interlop

This whole thing is a clusterfuck but I think the club is doing the right thing. What’s the point of staying in the stands at Barca if there is a team who wants him and pays him more? Just go, you’re free to do so now, his agent can even get the same commission.
But what I think is:
1. There is no such team, so Dembele’s agent doesn’t have that much leverage, Barca called his bluff.
2. Dembele wants to stay at Barca and play 6 months more, but he won’t because he’s gonna stay in the stands, so there’s no point in that.

slicknick

He had what was coming for it....Negotiating as if he is a top dog with very little output to show.
Correct decision by the club, goodbye Dembouz.

George_Costanza

It is not about rewarding him anything, it is about salvaging something out of his last 6 months here while being paid by us handsomely.

As much as we dislike him and his snaky agent, we are a professional club and we don't have scores to settle with him. We don't need revenge, that is some silly kids' game. Especially now getting the Spanish players union involved and having them issue statement to support Dembele, all because of our distant wish that he would just pack his bag and leave now?

He will be training with us and we will play him later, you bet. It won't hurt his chances of getting a signing bonus at all, that's exactly why he is not leaving right now. He doesn't want his future employer to shell out any money to pay us, he is saving them every penny so he can get rewarded.

I know that under the previous management the club went from 'Mes que un club' to just another global brand, but now we need to restore some of that image and it must be done correctly, with the decision to preserve the club's reputation and values such as we are not ransomed to any player's greed. Barcelona has tried to sell him multiple times and he refuses to leave. His plan for the last 2 years has always been to wind down his contract then go to the highest bidder. I have no problem with players wanting to leave if they're honest and professional (Like Mbappe or Sane) but not this lying motherfucker.

And if you want a more practical point of view, this guy has a history of not only injuries but discipline issues too. How many games will Dembele play before getting injured again? 1, 2, or 3 max? What benefit would we get from playing him a few games this season?

Birdy

Allemany said it all and I 100% agree.
Let him sit on the stands to clear his head and decide what he really wants, and we will see if his agent is acting against his will or not.
If he wants to go elsewhere it has to happen under the conditions of the club (NOW for some symbolic or no fee).
If he decides to stay here, he signs the contract, and he plays again.
Everything in life has consequences.
There is no way back.

PS: Another huge L for Jammy, who was autisticly repeating every day that he will not be punished in the stands.

Interlop

Here’s a translation in english.
[ ATTACH=CONFIG]9298[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• 782D8081-9CB7-492A-8E5E-E0F11F794AF0.jpg
    782D8081-9CB7-492A-8E5E-E0F11F794AF0.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 21

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Luft, I think you are vastly overestimating the extent of his contribution. Our record this season is as bad with him as it is without him.

you should also consider just how much his 'contribution' costs us in terms of wages. another way of saying this is: do you think that what he adds is commensurate with his wages and his cost? here i remain entirely unconvinced.

i just dont see, nor have seen for a long time, what he adds to our game. we continue losing important games with him or without him

So you pay his handsome wages and bench him? That is not punishment, it is a reward.

Birdy

So you pay his handsome wages and bench him? That is not punishment, it is a reward.

No, it's NOT!
He will get his wages if he stays until the summer anyway.
If you play him until then, he has 0 consequences for his (and his agent's) playing with the club in negotiations.
If you don't play him, he has at least some consequence.

Everything in life has consequences, you cannot do whatever the fuck you want.
That's what Dembele will learn the hard way.
And it's good that it's happening before the closing of the window, so that he has a few days to see what the next 5 months would be if he does not agree to leave now or renew

Judihndrx

FJjvDPcaMAAllj3

OVI9323

And here's trying to play the victim, acting like he ever gave us something meaningful. I'll always remember him as one the Embodiment of our decade of decadence.
Bye dembele, wish you well for your next adventure

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
No, it's NOT!
He will get his wages if he stays until the summer anyway.
If you play him until then, he has 0 consequences for his (and his agent's) playing with the club in negotiations.
If you don't play him, he has at least some consequence.

Everything in life has consequences, you cannot do whatever the fuck you want.
That's what Dembele will learn the hard way.
And it's good that it's happening before the closing of the window, so that he has a few days to see what the next 5 months would be if he does not agree to leave now or renew

Yes, everything has consequences but this is not a game between immature kids.

You honestly think we will banish him to the stands for 6 months? To achieve what? Some sort of psychological victory like "Paaayback time!"?

Home of Barca Fans