Ousmane Dembélé

Messigician

FJjvDPcaMAAllj3

Well written by Sissoko

Birdy

Yes, everything has consequences but this is not a game between immature kids.

You honestly think we will banish him to the stands for 6 months? To achieve what? Some sort of psychological victory like "Paaayback time!"?

It's not only psychological. It's that too,
but most importantly a player who is not playing is harming his career in the overall picture.

Imagine him in the stands for 6 months, do you think the clubs interested will raise or lower their salary offer to him? Their sign-on bonus?
Do you think his chances to play for France NT in Qatar will be the same?
Not even going into his sporting development and stuff

He has hell lot to lose, you are a clever guy you can see that

Interlop

That’s what happens guys when you think you have leverage in a negotiation. If some club really wanted him for the amount he’s demanding ( not 20 net, but even 8-10net) he would be gone by now. What I’m suspecting is that Demebele wants to stay but his agent is doing all this dirty tactics and delays in order to catch the club in a dire situation like problems with registering players or getting other offers. Club called his bluff and now they are playing the victim. It’s time to decide, you want to stay or go, you can even get your big “signing bonus” that you supposedly have and go for free. The problem is that he doesn’t actually want to go.

Birdy

That’s what happens guys when you think you have leverage in a negotiation. If some club really wanted him for the amount he’s demanding ( not 20 net, but even 8-10net) he would be gone by now. What I’m suspecting is that Demebele wants to stay but his agent is doing all this dirty tactics and delays in order to catch the club in a dire situation like problems with registering players or getting other offers. Club called his bluff and now they are playing the victim. It’s time to decide, you want to stay or go, you can even get your big “signing bonus” that you supposedly have and go for free. The problem is that he doesn’t actually want to go.

His agent's strategy is clear: Get him to whichever club pays the most in wages, signon fees, and commissions.
If Barca does not pay that, another club.

But, a very plausible scenario is that after Dembele sits on the stands for a while and becomes rusty until June, no club will be willing to pay more than what Barca offers now (or more or less the same), even Chelsea where Tuchel wants him strongly.
Then, the agent and the player will receive a huge L,
and they will compromise with the money they rejected now at the cost of Dembouz wasting 6 months of his development, and wasting probably his chances to play a big role for France NT in Qatar

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It's not only psychological. It's that too,
but most importantly a player who is not playing is harming his career in the overall picture.

Imagine him in the stands for 6 months, do you think the clubs interested will raise or lower their salary offer to him? Their sign-on bonus?
Do you think his chances to play for France NT in Qatar will be the same?
Not even going into his sporting development and stuff

He has hell lot to lose, you are a clever guy you can see that

If we do banish him to the stands for 6 months (which I don't believe will happen, we will give in in two weeks after the window closes, and I think Xavi wants to play him but has to be on the same page with the club), yes it will hurt him a lot, I am not disputing that at all. I am saying what do we get out of it, again, WHILE PAYING HIS WAGES? We get nothing other than the psychological victory/satisfaction that we are punishing and hurting him, other than that, nothing. We are paying for his time and we are the loser here. It is all psychological, we are not gaining anything.

From a third-party perspective this just looks petty. The players who refuse to renew did nothing wrong. Imagine if we wanted someone for free, how do we feel about another club banishing that player to the stands just because he doesn't want to renew?

Rassvet

Why not just move him on in January or at least agree to cancel his contract now? Don't see much point in payin him to sit in the stands. We might as well at least play him if he's still gonna be here.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
you bench him to remind him that his spot on this team is not guaranteed

:lol:

This works with someone who has a lot of years left on the contract. Dembele doesn't even care about a spot on this team, he wants out (but not now as he wants to get that lucrative signing bonus by leaving for free in July), most likely.

Raki13

Stinks of desperation to me. Nobody is going to pay this clown the money he demands and hes trying to get a deal from Barca , and the idiots that run the club will probably give him a new deal.

BarcaOG

Banned
:lol:

This works with someone who has a lot of years left on the contract. Dembele doesn't even care about a spot on this team, he wants out (but not now as he wants to get that lucrative signing bonus by leaving for free in July), most likely.

so let him go then

club > dembele

Home of Barca Fans