Ousmane Dembélé

George_Costanza

Exactly my point, dropping him right now is just a tactic to force him to leave now, however it won't work and we will be happily welcoming him back in two weeks. It makes us look stupid.

He and his agent played us so we reward him by pretending nothing happened? Not playing him for the rest of the season is the most satisfying act of revenge and it will definitely hurt his chances of getting that big signing bonus and decent salary.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He and his agent played us so we reward him by pretending nothing happened? Not playing him for the rest of the season is the most satisfying act of revenge and it will definitely hurt his chances of getting that big signing bonus and decent salary.

It is not about rewarding him anything, it is about salvaging something out of his last 6 months here while being paid by us handsomely.

As much as we dislike him and his snaky agent, we are a professional club and we don't have scores to settle with him. We don't need revenge, that is some silly kids' game. Especially now getting the Spanish players union involved and having them issue statement to support Dembele, all because of our distant wish that he would just pack his bag and leave now?

He will be training with us and we will play him later, you bet. It won't hurt his chances of getting a signing bonus at all, that's exactly why he is not leaving right now. He doesn't want his future employer to shell out any money to pay us, he is saving them every penny so he can get rewarded.

Messigician

The association of footballers in Spain has made a statement on Demb?l??s situation: the club must allow the provision of services under the same conditions as the rest of its teammates, without there being any type of discrimination, or pressure, which would be seen as illegal.

L to Laporta

BarcaOG

Banned
Luft, I think you are vastly overestimating the extent of his contribution. Our record this season is as bad with him as it is without him.

you should also consider just how much his 'contribution' costs us in terms of wages. another way of saying this is: do you think that what he adds is commensurate with his wages and his cost? here i remain entirely unconvinced.

i just dont see, nor have seen for a long time, what he adds to our game. we continue losing important games with him or without him

BarcaOG

Banned
i rather give our youngsters the chance to grow than continue wasting time on what is very clearly a failed project. this season is effectively a write-off anyway

feggydinho

I don't think any party was played, I know reports came out around Nov/December 2021 with Dembele's party saying they didn't like the fact that he was compared to the likes of Mbappe and offered a wage reduction, he still said he wanted to stay may be hoping for an increase or just buying time but the same contract has been on his table since. So both parties knew what was up, all these ignorance acts is just funny

Andresito

Staff member
The association of footballers in Spain has made a statement on Demb?l??s situation: the club must allow the provision of services under the same conditions as the rest of its teammates, without there being any type of discrimination, or pressure, which would be seen as illegal.

L to Laporta

It's a well known fact that a club can't banish a player from training. Not that the club was planning to do so anyway. That quote is not really relevant.

Home of Barca Fans