Ousmane Dembélé

vegitot

Ronaldinho was more iconic for where team went under him in time but also agree Rivaldo was better.

Used to have endless debates with mates back then about Rivaldo v Zidane.

If could take either Rivaldo/Ronaldinho into Barca team now it would be Rivaldo no question. Think he was better at peak and more suited to todays game.

But Ronaldinho as said is more iconic as major catalyst in getting Barca back on top. Same way someone like Cantona is one of if not Man Uniteds biggest icons but there a lot of players that have been better than him.

Dinho is more iconic as you say. He is the symbol of the rise of Barca from 2004-06.

Dinho would still shine in modern game though.

Porque

Rivaldo in modern football. Now there's a thought. Such an underrated player (outside of Barcelona) being part of the Ronaldo->Ronaldinho generation, but kind of stuck in between them mediatically and part of one of the worst Barcelona periods. Well, despite the Figo-Rivaldo-Kluivert trio which lacked a balanced team as 433 wasn't really a thing back then.

I think if Ronaldinho kept his game mentally then he is the better player. Unbelievable on his day.

Giovanni was another player I really liked from that era but more as a cult hero. Nowhere near the level of the other too obv.

Windhook

I'd go with Ronaldinho, the most exciting player I've ever watched. In Eto'o words Roni could have been even better if he was more professional in his approach.

vegitot

Rivaldo in modern football. Now there's a thought. Such an underrated player (outside of Barcelona) being part of the Ronaldo->Ronaldinho generation, but kind of stuck in between them mediatically and part of one of the worst Barcelona periods. Well, despite the Figo-Rivaldo-Kluivert trio which lacked a balanced team as 433 wasn't really a thing back then.

I think if Ronaldinho kept his game mentally then he is the better player. Unbelievable on his day.

Giovanni was another player I really liked from that era but more as a cult hero. Nowhere near the level of the other too obv.

Giovanni the forgotten number 10.

Nazario1985

[Offtopic] There was nothing exciting about the 00' era ! [/Offtopic]

To get back to Dembele, Laporta saying "we think he already have an agreement with another club to leave for free in the summer" is the ultimate proof this guy is an idiot.

Of course he has !! wtf is wrong with this board !

Androutsos

Rivaldo was iconic with that hat-trick he pulled off against Valencia. For me one of the greatest individual performances in one game of football.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2008/jun/19/barcelona.brazil

For me he's above Ronaldinho. The guy was motivated as hell for a Brazilian forward.

Rivaldo is the reason I fell in love with Barca. I don't feel like he doesn't get his flowers, mostly in part that, as mentioned by other users, Barca was terrible in his time.

Windhook

Rivaldo is the reason I fell in love with Barca. I don't feel like he doesn't get his flowers, mostly in part that, as mentioned by other users, Barca was terrible in his time.

Wouldn't call it terrible, we won 2 La Ligas in a row, but Van Gaal installed a foreign Ajax based system at the club and had clashes with Rivaldo on his position.

SmilerBam

Joan Gaspart (ex-president) on
@RadioMARCA
"While Demb?l? is at Bar?a he has to play, we are not here to give educational lessons and he is going to play the same. Having him and not putting him on is cuckolded and beaten."

The worst president of Barca( after Bartomeu) has the courage to speak.

SmilerBam

Rivaldo was iconic with that hat-trick he pulled off against Valencia. For me one of the greatest individual performances in one game of football.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2008/jun/19/barcelona.brazil

For me he's above Ronaldinho. The guy was motivated as hell for a Brazilian forward.

He s not better than Ronaldinho. In any way. More talented? Ronaldinho. More spectacular? Ronaldinho. Elevated Barcelona like no other? Ronaldinho. People have to understand that before Ronaldinho( plus Eto'o, Deco etc.), Barca was synonimous with losers for a good period of time.

malvolio

He s not better than Ronaldinho. In any way. More talented? Ronaldinho. More spectacular? Ronaldinho. Elevated Barcelona like no other? Ronaldinho. People have to understand that before Ronaldinho( plus Eto'o, Deco etc.), Barca was synonimous with losers for a good period of time.

Did I wrote 'better'? Meant to say above as in i preferred him over Ronaldinho.

I also liked Ronaldinho and he had his glorious moments. Just a personal preference.

[MENTION=10798]Androutsos[/MENTION] said he fell in love with Barcelona because of Rivaldo. I fell in love with Barcelona because of R9 and stayed for Rivaldo.

Last edited:

Joan

I also liked Ronaldinho and he had his glorious moments. Just a personal preference.

[MENTION=10798]Androutsos[/MENTION] said he fell in love with Barcelona because of Rivaldo. I fell in love with Barcelona because of R9 and stayed for Rivaldo.

I felt Rivaldo in his peak was unstoppable, sheer power, determination, way he played, force he showed, always seemed like he was alone against the whole team and needed no one. I was young back then so I risk sounding nostalgic but he was unbelievable.

Others are higher than him because of their longevity but speaking of peaks? For me, he's up there with the very best. Some of the best performances in football history are tied to his name.

Last edited:

SmilerBam

Yes, Rivaldo is an unsunged GOAT. Never really warmed to him tbh. Then again, i always prefer flair. I agree he was a fantastic footballer though, and every man has his tastes. I just prefer flashier players. And Ronaldinho wasn't just flash. I think people underrate him a bit today. He had all, Strenght, balance, speed, tricks and a mean shot. He's only remembered for his tricks,but man that guy could strike a ball.

Home of Barca Fans