Ousmane Dembélé

Laplacian

His abilities are full of holes. He has the ability to pick out through balls and beautiful passes (you saw this in Dortmund), but his short passing is absolutely horrendous. His ability to dribble into space while he's sprinting is beautiful, just see his games against Levante/Leganes/Spurs last year, but his ability to dribble while "standing" by utilising footwork is fucking abhorrent. How is it possible to be so unbalanced...?

fergus90

Horrendous today. He is like Jekyll and Hyde this guy, when he does something of note it’s spectacular but when it’s bad it’s almost Sunday league level being thrown into the professional game.

His career needs a coach who will iron out the shit so he can develop properly. E.g Pep improving Sterling’s game massively the last couple years.

Raketa10

Well a 21y old player needs a good coach to improve his game?! Really you don't say!? So what else is new? Grass is green and sky is blue???

Dinho10

To understand what a big failure he is, we sign Dembele as Ney replacement and two years later the club want to bring Ney back. Would this happen if Dembele was performing up to standard?

Laplacian

If he can't pass the ball, then during practise put him to pass the ball. Its not that complicated. His passing is on unacceptable level for Barca.

You think the staff hasn't realised his abhorrent ability to shield, control, and pass the ball? They have, because you can actually see Dembele actively trying to ball shield during the start of last season when he didn't before in 17/18. The staff has addressed it definitely and they're making him train for it, problem is, it happened 12 years too late.

Sorin

I finally lost my patience with him. It's not about not running into space or moving off the ball because everybody knows Valverde can't coach for shit, but the fact that he can fuck up a simple 5 meter pass or misscontrol the simplest of passes over and over again is atrocious for this level. Hell, for any fucking level. I wouldn't be called for my 5 a side weekly kick about anymore if I messed up this much, yet this guy makes over 10m a year to do that day in day out.

Get rid asap.

fergus90

Well a 21y old player needs a good coach to improve his game?! Really you don't say!? So what else is new? Grass is green and sky is blue???

Thanks for that Captain Sarcasm. Just saying he is dangerously close to wasting his career. Zero progression in 3 years.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Nah, I am still sure that this is due to a complete lack of movement as well. Starting to think that it was the same case with Coutinho too. They are direct players. For his sake he needs to leave and play in his element elsewhere.

Calidad

Messi aside, no one plays well under Valverde. He isn’t the sort of manager that a player like Dembele will develop under.

Home of Barca Fans