Ousmane Dembélé

Joan

1) I don't blame Deschamps anymore since it became known it's a knee tendon injury, and not a muscle injury

2) It's not 1 season (20/21) under Koeman.
It's 3 seasons: 15/16,16/17, and 20/21: Under 3 different managers and different regimes.
No muscle injuries.

3) On the contrary, 3 seasons (17-20) under Valverde: Full of muscle injuries.

What was going on in 2) that was NOT going on in 3)?
Connect the dots...

PS: All that irresponsibility talk that tries to shift responsibility to the player, collapses when you realize that when Dembele was younger and injury-free at Rennes and Dortmund, he was as irresponsible as you claim he to be at Barca.

I'm not trying to shift the blame to the player, but his behavior if true (and I find it so due to various reports and comments from within the club) didn't help his case. Hiding discomfort in particular.

Now, it's not true he had no muscle injuries in 20/21 season since he suffered a muscle injury in December (according to Transfermarkt).

Regarding his spell under Valverde, if I remember well he didn't train before coming here, had no preseason, and didn't take proper care during that period if reports are to be trusted. Muscle injuries can and often do repeat.

Valverde's system might've not been the best for him, but it's far from established it's his blame. If we had a problem with injuries under Valverde's stuff during these years with various players, your argument would be stronger and changes in that department based.

Birdy

Fati was fouled. Dembele wasn't. Or you want to say he fouled himself.

So what?
Coutinho was not fouled as well when he injured his knee.
Knee injuries can happen very easily, just a wrong landing and you have destroyed your knee

LOL
Laughable claims

vegitot

So what?
Coutinho was not fouled as well when he injured his knee.
Knee injuries can happen very easily, just a wrong landing and you have destroyed your knee

LOL
Laughable claims

LOL. Dembele is just an injury prone. Just accept it. Deschamp didn't destroy him. Nobody destroy him. It is just his body.
Pep destroyed Iniesta, agree???

vegitot

I'm not trying to shift the blame to the player, but his behavior if true (and I find it so due to various reports and comments from within the club) didn't help his case. Hiding discomfort in particular.

Now, it's not true he had no muscle injuries in 20/21 season since he suffered a muscle injury in December (according to Transfermarkt).

Regarding his spell under Valverde, if I remember well he didn't train before coming here, had no preseason, and didn't take proper care during that period if reports are to be trusted. Muscle injuries can and often do repeat.

Valverde's system might've not been the best for him, but it's far from established it's his blame. If we had a problem with injuries under Valverde's stuff during these years with various players, your argument would be stronger and changes in that department based.

It is all Barca's propaganda, according to Dembele's fan.

Birdy

It was an elongation in Dec of 2020 that Dembele noticed and informed the medical staff who sidelined him out of precaution basically. That's why it was so short.

I have explained it in the past:
Valverde's lack of physical training was the catalyst to trigger his injuries.
The background might have been his fringe muscular system, but it would have never escalated without Valverde's "contribution"
like it didn't at Rennnes, Dortmund, or 20/21 under Koeman

vegitot

It was an elongation in Dec of 2020 that Dembele noticed and informed the medical staff who sidelined him out of precaution basically. That's why it was so short.

The background might have been his fringe muscular system, but it would have never escalated without Valverde's "contribution"

Iniesta was injury free under Rijkaard then became an injury prone under Pep and later coaches. So on.
There are several players like this in history.

Birdy

Iniesta was injury free under Rijkaard then became an injury prone under Pep and later coaches. So on.
There are several players like this in history.

How many times was Iniesta injured under Pep?
except from season 09/10 where he had an extended spell injured,
all other seasons under him (08/09,10/11,11/12) he would miss from 10-50 days per season in total,
which is as much as he would miss every season from 12 on under tons of different managers.

You have no argument.
You are just trying to create 'impressions'.

vegitot

How many times was Iniesta injured under Pep?
except from season 09/10 where he had an extended spell injured,
all other seasons under him (08/09,10/11,11/12) he would miss from 10-50 days per season in total,
which is as much as he would miss every season from 12 on under tons of different managers.

You have no argument.
You are just trying to create 'impressions'.

Just compare his days under Pep to his under Rijkaard. Now with your brillant logic, Pep must destroyed him and turned him into an injury prone.
4 - Andres Iniesta has suffered four thigh injuries since the start of the 2009/10 season. Delicate.
https://twitter.com/OptaJose/status/15786379520?s=19

10- #Iniesta has suffered his 10th injury for Barcelona since 2009, all 10 affecting his thighs: 7 on the right and 3 on the left. Fragile
https://twitter.com/OptaJose/status/138584773038841857?s=19

You are embrassing yourself here.

Joan

See what a timely notification can do for players' injury history.

The thing is we don't know that. Dembele was in far worse shape than at Rennes and Dortmund and is claimed to have ignored/hidden his discomforts which would've helped to lower his absence. Like it did in December.

Take Araujo for example. Had no history of muscle injuries before training under Koeman, and due to him being older than Dembele under Valverde, it's longer. He's a professional since 2016. Now we can't blame Koeman for his problems since (at the very least) other players in the squad don't have similar problems.

Connecting the dots is more often than not an oversimplification.

Birdy

Just compare his days under Pep to his under Rijkaard. Now with your brillant logic, Pep must destroyed him and turned him into an injury prone.
4 - Andres Iniesta has suffered four thigh injuries since the start of the 2009/10 season. Delicate.
https://twitter.com/OptaJose/status/15786379520?s=19

10- #Iniesta has suffered his 10th injury for Barcelona since 2009, all 10 affecting his thighs: 7 on the right and 3 on the left. Fragile
https://twitter.com/OptaJose/status/138584773038841857?s=19

You are embrassing yourself here.

No, that would be YOU actually embarrassing yourself, trying to create false impressions, using Iniesta's name in particular to appeal to an emotional reaction.

09/10 was the only season he was out more than normal, as I already mentioned.
Check his muscle injury record, before you post nonsense.
He is getting a short muscle injury per year even now in Japan.
He was getting 1-2 muscle injuries every season at Barca, under Pep (08/09,10/11,11/12) or after

Take Araujo for example. Had no history of muscle injuries before training under Koeman, and due to him being older than Dembele under Valverde, it's longer. He's a professional since 2016. Now we can't blame Koeman for his problems since (at the very least) other players in the squad don't have similar problems.

It's Araujo's 2nd season in 1st team dynamics.
His body is still adjusting to the demands of intensity, rhythm.
It might also be that his body is muscularly vulnerable as well.

But the analogy is not correct time-wise: The equivalent of Aruajo's 19-21 season is Dembele's 15-17 seasons when he played for Rennes and Dortmund, and not his Valverde seasons

vegitot

No, that would be YOU actually embarrassing yourself, trying to create false impressions, using Iniesta's name in particular to appeal to an emotional reaction.

09/10 was the only season he was out more than normal, as I already mentioned.
Check his muscle injury record, before you post nonsense.
He is getting a short muscle injury per year even now in Japan.
He was getting 1-2 muscle injuries every season at Barca, under Pep (08/09,10/11,11/12) or after

But the analogy is not correct time-wise: The equivalent of Aruajo's 19-21 season is Dembele's 15-17 seasons when he played for Rennes and Dortmund, and not his Valverde seasons

Lmao do you close your eyes or something??? Read the post above when it claimed Iniesta suffered like 10 injuries from 2009 to early 2012.
All HAPPENED UNDER PEP. That DID NOT HAPPEN UNDER RIJKAARD.

According to your logic, Pep and his staff destroyed Iniesta. Just eat your own words.

And funny now you blame Araujo's body but not Koeman or anyone else. Embrassing.

Richard.H

There is way too many conditionals in your logic to excuse responsibility from Dembele. Whatever logic you used to blame Araujo can also be used for Dembele because your conditionals are way too perfect to fit to Dembele's case. It's like Dembele is on trial for this and you are his lawyer.

Home of Barca Fans