Ousmane Dembélé

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I know Ribery pretty well as a French fan, he was never that smart, he made tons of bad decisions in the French team. They never won anything with him by the way.

Dembele could definitely have been as successful as him, I watched him destroy Bayern singlehandedly when he was at Dortmund years ago and not even 20. It just didn't pan out, mostly because of injuries. Dembele was extremely impressive at Dortmund, he was already one of the best Bundesliga players.

There's a reason why your board paid 120 million+ for him you know, this is not standard transfer fee at all. I know the hipster thing is saying the board is made up of idiots, but fees actually generally make sense.

Dude, watch ribery in 12-13. Thats a level which dembele will never reach. Robben was the same on the other side, there is a reason why Bayern dominated 12-13 the football, the wings were unstoppable.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Shame he's injured and we can't offload him this summer. Some cash to reinvest in his replacement or more urgent areas would ne terrific.

The main problem with Dembele that I have is the club's attitude that he's a soon to explode world class talent, which he absolutely is not. And is always pushed into the 11 because of the fee. The club needs to chin up, take an L, and plan for the future.

Yeah.

It seems like they're are afraid he'll look good elsewhere and make us look stupid, but he's had enough time to prove he belongs at Barca. He just doesn't.

I wouldn't mind if they just let him walk away now given he's out for 3-4 months. Don't think I could stomach a long-term extension and him turning into Umtiti v2.

Birdy

Exactly what benefit do you get in this forum from defending him? Why do you even do it? What do you see in him? Why do you pretend to be smart with Pep as your avatar? Do you think Pep would play Dembele?

I have written tons of posts here explaining why he is million times better than most here make him to be.

Pep would certainly play him, he would have been a starter. Better than current Sterling

vegitot

Another meltdown in this thread.

Knee injury is something new.
You can't blame him for that. Many get knee injuries with absolutely no blame to be thrown to the player (just a tiny wrong landing can get you a serious knee injury).

Nor that you could blame him for the muscle injuries under Valverde, for reasons I have explained. His muscle injuries are totally down to Ernie and his staff.

The good news (within the context of bad news) is that he won't leave this summer.
Renewal for 5 years in the making.
Until September he will have renewed under lower fixed salary but with bonuses and variables, like what Laporta does with everyone

Yeah let's blame coach, staff and everything else.
Blame Koeman for Araujo's injuries, will you???

And no team want to buy this injury prone. Imagine you have to pay for this burden.

Last edited:

vegitot

I have written tons of posts here explaining why he is million times better than most here make him to be.

Pep would certainly play him, he would have been a starter. Better than current Sterling

Deluded.
Let's compare this Euro. Goal: Sterling 1, Dembele 0 plus out till next year.
Dembele is much worse than Sterling.

Joan

Deluded.
Let's compare this Euro. Goal: Sterling 1, Dembele 0 plus out till next year.
Dembele is much worse than Sterling.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This theory that it's the blame of coaches (Deschamps and Valverde) that one player from their squads is often injured is terrible. Add to that the argument is based on one season he's played under another manager (namely Koeman) in which he had the same injury (namely hamstring).

Not to mention Dembele is known to irresponsible, neglects obligations, fires stuff the club hires for him, hides uncomfort, and doesn't seem to care about his lifestyle.

Now claim that such guy has no blame while the coach should be sued is laughable.

Birdy

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This theory that it's the blame of coaches (Deschamps and Valverde) that one player from their squads is often injured is terrible. Add to that the argument is based on one season he's played under another manager (namely Koeman) in which he had the same injury (namely hamstring).

Not to mention Dembele is known to irresponsible, neglects obligations, fires stuff the club hires for him, hides uncomfort, and doesn't seem to care about his lifestyle.

Now claim that such guy has no blame while the coach should be sued is laughable.

1) I don't blame Deschamps anymore since it became known it's a knee tendon injury, and not a muscle injury

2) It's not 1 season (20/21) under Koeman.
It's 3 seasons: 15/16,16/17, and 20/21: Under 3 different managers and different regimes.
No muscle injuries.

3) On the contrary, 3 seasons (17-20) under Valverde: Full of muscle injuries.

What was going on in 2) that was NOT going on in 3)?
Connect the dots...

PS: All that irresponsibility talk that tries to shift responsibility to the player, collapses when you realize that when Dembele was younger and injury-free at Rennes and Dortmund, he was as irresponsible as you claim he to be at Barca.

vegitot

1) I don't blame Deschamps anymore since it became known it's a knee tendon injury, and not a muscle injury

2) It's not 1 season (20/21) under Koeman.
It's 3 seasons: 15/16,16/17, and 20/21: Under 3 different managers and different regimes.
No muscle injuries.

3) On the contrary, 3 seasons (17-20) under Valverde: Full of muscle injuries.

What was going on in 2) that was NOT going on in 3)?
Connect the dots...

PS: All that irresponsibility talk that tries to shift responsibility to the player, collapses when you realize that when Dembele was younger and injury-free at Rennes and Dortmund, he was as irresponsible as you claim he to be at Barca.

So this time is his fault. Thanks for confirming that fact.

Feel bad for Iniesta. Injury free under Rijkaard but Pep destroyed him. Blame Pep. If not for that Iniesta would have longer career.

Oh and how about Araujo??? Does Koeman destroy him???

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans