Ousmane Dembélé

Laplacian

No... please no....

extending this brother for 5 years is a sign of the end times really. no longer believe in this club as an elite force in european football. so much for there being consequences for failures, laporta clearly rates this sorry excuse for a player.

CatalinR10

Whoever we got from the Neymar money should be sold at once . It's tainted and cursed money .

As soon as we sell Coutinho + Dembele we will be free.

Birdy

Tuchel answered that already. It's the best natural talent he has ever coached.

If a team cannot utilise such a natural talent, then problem lies with coach, club, the whole sporting structure

Laplacian

I like you Birdy, you're a good poster but I'll never understand you rate this bum.

Dembele's just extremely polarizing. All around great dudes rate this guy, not just Birdy. Reminds me of that Potroh guy too.

Maybe it has something to do with what he could have become based on his Dortmund season (honestly, the Dembele we currently have is a lot more like his Rennes version) rather than what he shows on a regular basis. Plus, the fact that we don't have any other quick wingers so he really does add something different on the virtue of just existing despite being awful almost every time he plays. He's also a stark contrast to the slow and methodical Barcelona prototypical player so many of us have come to hate, so it might be a matter of ideology getting in the way too.

That's my rationalization. No way a brother can watch Dembele fuck up passes, touches, not being able to dribble (unless there's 20m+ of open space), not being able to shoot, and move off the ball and say "god wow, he sure is incredible."

Total-Football

If a team cannot utilise such a natural talent, then problem lies with coach, club, the whole sporting structure

No one gives a shit about those politics talks. We see dumbele week in week out Infront of our eyes.. We are not blind we don't need a person with two eyes like us to relay to us what dumbele is.

Laplacian

Ok I'd get the "maybe it's us" viewpoint if it was 2017. But mate, he's failing at the basic stuff now. Since when is dribbling, passing, and touch/control dependent on the team and its system? You either have it or you don't...

Can't blame the team for not being able to beat defenders 1 on 1 when the rest of the opposition team's double marking Messi/De Jong or whatever. Can't blame the team if you're missing sitters. Can't blame the team when you can't trap passes under your feet when you're under pressure. Can't blame the team when there's options for passes literally everywhere and you're always making the wrong choices.

At this point I feel like you're just counter-jerking the forum tbh.

Sooke

As soon as Dembele get that 5 years contract, he will start getting injured again. At that point, it will be 100% impossible for us to get rid of him. So it is better to do it now, when we can get some money in return.

HanDW

Is the year 2025, Dembele just costed Barcelona in a Copa del Rey SF vs Madrid missing 2 clear chances.

Dembele apologists still try to convince the rest of the fanbase that 2026 will be his year, that we only have to be patient because he's still young and has mad potential, is not his fault the coach can't bring the best out of him, "with a new setup he can be useful" they say.

Home of Barca Fans