Ousmane Dembélé

FCMessi

He is not a CF. He should never play there again.

But Koeman knows better.

Still I wonder why the other managers do not try to convert Vinicius, Sane, Coman, Mane, Sterling, Son, and other wingers into strikers.

The other managers must be fucking idiots.

Last edited:

soul24rage

The only times he is useful for us when he is playing as a 9 against a team that will play a high line.

Other than that, he's useless. Either lower his wages or just sell him.

Porque

Vini done alot of his counters from the central positions. Just saying.

Problem with Dembele down the middle is that you need space behind the defenders. And for that you need to sit back yourselves and give Madrid the ball to try and create.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
But Koeman knows better.

Still I wonder why the other managers do not try to convert Vinicius, Sane, Coman, Mane, Sterling, Son, and other wingers into strikers.

The other managers must be fucking idiots.

Not saying Koeman made the right choice playing him CF, but he didn't have many options... Would you start Braithwaite against RM? Or Griezmann as CF? Meanwhile the teams of the wingers you mentioned have some of the best CFs in the game in Benzema, Lewandoski, Firmino, Jesus/Aguero and Kane, so there is absolutely no need to play wingers out of position...

Again, Koeman's gameplan was bogus and Dembele is still a sorry excuse of a footballer, but come on, the real problem lies deeper and needs to be addressed in the summer with a decent squad...

Laplacian

Doesn't Depay have like 5 goals in open play this season, and every other goals a penalty? Lmao, not exactly an improvement...

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Depay on a free transfer. I defended Dembele time and time again but I really think we've come to the end of the line.

Depay isn't really a winger and wont be any better there. We need a quick winger who can beat his man 1 on 1. Originally I was keen on giving Konrad more chances but seems like he hasn't impressed for what ever reasons. I literally cant think of any upcoming wingers who can be had for cheap.

I'd much rather not spend anything and major on any more players (unless its haland for around the 75-80m mark). I wouldn't touch Mbappe unless he was available for a lower or similar price either. so we're in a pretty fucked up situation.

Porque

Not saying Koeman made the right choice playing him CF, but he didn't have many options... Would you start Braithwaite against RM? Or Griezmann as CF? Meanwhile the teams of the wingers you mentioned have some of the best CFs in the game in Benzema, Lewandoski, Firmino, Jesus/Aguero and Kane, so there is absolutely no need to play wingers out of position...

Again, Koeman's gameplan was bogus and Dembele is still a sorry excuse of a footballer, but come on, the real problem lies deeper and needs to be addressed in the summer with a decent squad...

Hindsight is a beautiful thing. With the way Madrid sat back then Griezmann would have been the better choice.

But who's to say that had we started Griezmann, that Madrid would have pressed us higher knowing we had no pace to break.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Memphis started his career as a LW, but has transformed into a False 9 or a Second Striker.

Basically become a poor man's Griezmann.

Raketa10

Memphis started his career as a LW, but has transformed into a False 9 or a Second Striker.

Basically become a poor man's Griezmann.

Exactly! We don't need another hybrid 9. What we truly need is a world class 9. IMHO if we can't get Haaland this summer than we should try to exchange Griezmann for Neymar and try playing Fati as no.9. Nobody will pay 150+ mil for Haaland this year. Therefore, we should wait for the next summer and try to sign him for 75 mil.

Home of Barca Fans