Ousmane Dembélé

behindbrowneyes

I don't agree that he is bad in tight space. Defenders are covering him very closely, but he somehow often manages to get past them, even if there are two helping each other out. It's natural to lose possession when you are player who takes risks. Prime Messi did it. Neymar did it. That's the price of a player who can make the difference on his own.

Jallo

So many people focus on what Dembele cannot do and not on what he does best or what he means to the team. He will turnover the ball cause we want him taking risks as much as possible. He is not an interior, so we shouldnt care if he he losing the ball. Other than Messi he is the second most dangerous unpredictable player in the team. He has great eye for goals and when in rhythm has excellent vision. He can change games in seconds he has proven this on numerous occasions for us. But he needs to play on the right, him and Messi have a special connection. Our season will depend on his contributions.

vegitot

So many people focus on what Dembele cannot do and not on what he does best or what he means to the team. He will turnover the ball cause we want him taking risks as much as possible. He is not an interior, so we shouldnt care if he he losing the ball. Other than Messi he is the second most dangerous unpredictable player in the team. He has great eye for goals and when in rhythm has excellent vision. He can change games in seconds he has proven this on numerous occasions for us. But he needs to play on the right, him and Messi have a special connection. Our season will depend on his contributions.

Vision of Dembele??? It is all dark.

He can dribble, shoot but can not pass.

Laplacian

Vision of Dembele??? It is all dark.

He can dribble, shoot but can not pass.

Match rustiness due to being out for so long. He showed quite a bit of vision back in Dortmund and early on in his Barcelona career. He has a knack (or used to) for picking out through balls and really good lobs/crosses. I'm pretty sure he has shown a good few passes here and there already, considering he hasn't played much. I think he just needs to regain his technique and confidence.

Latschenkiefer

Match rustiness due to being out for so long. He showed quite a bit of vision back in Dortmund and early on in his Barcelona career. He has a knack (or used to) for picking out through balls and really good lobs/crosses. I'm pretty sure he has shown a good few passes here and there already, considering he hasn't played much. I think he just needs to regain his technique and confidence.
Yes, he is actually pretty good at most winger attributes. Even in the last game he had two very good through balls to Alba who wasted both. The problem with him is the sloppyness he shows sometimes which got magnified by this long injury period. Don't take these "dumbele" guys seriously. His style is exactly what we need. Watch many of them flip-flop to "potential golden ball winner" after three good games and back after a bad one.

Messi983

Problem with this not caring if he loses the ball is that we are in immediate danger to concede with Busi, Pique and Roberto behind him. I'm ok with him taking risks but if he'll lose 20 balls in the game that could lead to 6-7 good opportunities for the opponents with the way he and his teammates are defending down the right side.

Tekkers

These are high praises coming from an all-time great like Figo

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHlIwXgglBp/

Lu?s Figo, former Bar?a and Real Madrid footballer, in an interview with Marca newspaper: ?If you ask me about a footballer who reminds me of the way I play, I will tell you that I like Demb?l? a lot. He's been unlucky with injuries, but he has huge potential. ?😍👏@o.dembele7 @luis__figo

Laplacian

It's not the first football figure of authority to praise his talent and ability. Bbz is just weird about Dembele, constantly putting him under the same umbrella as Halilovic and Denis Suarez; when the former has clearly been a lot more successful in end product than both of them combined. Like come on, the dude has played a total of 3 matches in minutes and already has 3 goals in open play.

Last edited:

xXKonan

Dembele has flaws but he's totally on a different level in comparison to the likes of Alen and Denis in terms of raw talent.

Alen clearly was overhyped but after a good loan at Gijon, the guy shot himself in the foot with questionable decisions and ended up ruining his own development and the guy is just hoping he could have a career somewhere.

Denis was another Spanish talent we took a gamble on, was good with the B team, did okay at Sevilla, and did well at Villarreal but clearly, he ended up just being your typical run of the mill Spanish player, not top tier but good for teams in the Europa league levels. Dembele on the other hand exploded onto the scene with Rennes and his season at Dortmund showed how much of a talent he was.

He wasn't worth the fee we paid for him obviously, but he was still a hot prospect and one a team would certainly bet on spending big cash on in comparison to the likes of Denis and Alen.

FinBarcelonafan

Totally different expectations too. Dembele was top 3 prospect in the world. D. Suarez one of those okay-good prospects to have hoping they pan out.

BBZ8800

Dembele is obviously talented.

But since our team is so bad currently, then Dembele looks better than he is.

Messi can't dribble anymore.
Neither Griezz, Cou, Trincao, nobody can run and dribble.
Of course that Dembele looks good in these surroundings.

But when you add that he is in top5 of the most expensive transfers in a football history, that he can barely create a sentence that makes sense, his horrible on field decisions, injury proneness and bad proffesionalism, he is one horrible transfer.

About his future at Barca, of course that he will have good games.
But due to his low IQ and almost inevitable reccurent season long injuries, I am not sure why are we even discussing about him.

He is a player who has a raw natural potential, but due to some other factors (IQ, proffesionalism and injuries), he will never fulfill it and due to his enormous transfer fee and wages, he is still = throwing money down the drain.

Keeping a 150m Dembele is like paying 80m for Sergi Roberto or Lenglet.
Ok squad players who are worth around 25-30m, but paying 80m for them on insane wages is just nonsense.

In short:
Dembele is too expensive and too injury prone to be a squad player, but too dumb, too inconsistent (and again too injury prone) to build a team around him.

Home of Barca Fans