Ousmane Dembélé

Lapi

He speaks French, the transition to Spanish, Portuguese etc is quite easy when compared to English or German. He doesn't really have an excuse.

He doesn't need an excuse.
It simply happened, happens and will happen in football history. It does happen outside football, specially for French, being rather reluctant or afraid to learn any other languages.

Sorin

It's not a rule that if you are speaking a similar language to another nation you will have an easier time learning it. I come from a country that speaks a latin/romance language but for the life of me i couldn't pick up French at all. I understand it decently enough, I understand Spanish and Italian even better but speaking these languages is another matter altogether. Would probably not be a problem speaking it at an acceptable level if I exercise them enough but that is not really the point here. On the other hand I picked up English in no time and had no problem speaking it from the get go, no special training needed, I just understood it.

Ousmane could be the same, he might understand it but he might find it difficult speaking it. In fact, hasn't Messi explained in his interview that Ousmane understands it and only has troubles expressing himself?

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
He speaks French, the transition to Spanish, Portuguese etc is quite easy when compared to English or German. He doesn't really have an excuse.

If any European, no matter how underprivileged their background, in this day and age struggles with learning English, they are failures at life. No joke.

JerseyAddict

If any European, no matter how underprivileged their background, in this day and age struggles with learning English, they are failures at life. No joke.

In Croatia they expect from 1st graders kids to already know the basis of english. At the same time they don't expect them to know to write.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Telling from the club's video with the French players on who is the most absent minded & generally unreliable among them - Dembouz

Potroh

Telling from the club's video with the French players on who is the most absent minded & generally unreliable among them - Dembouz

It's unfair to use a joking, joyful small video to strengthen this agenda, which anyway starts to be repetitious and boring.
The entire Spanish press is against Dembele, they seemingly enjoy to kick him from various angles.

"Dembele's dark side", "The latest problem with Dembele" and shit like that comes in Marca everyday, though all the poor soul did was some mild protest, when a teammate of his was sent off by that egoistic posturer Lahoz.

I don't remember headlines like "The dark side of Ramos" or "The problem with Pepe, the butcher"... although these guys truly have a real "dark side" on the pitch, not to mention purposely trying to incapacitate Messi at numerous classicos.

What's going on against Dembele is UNFAIR and I see no reason for sane and calm people to join that train, going nowhere.

It's unfair to use a joking, joyful small video to strengthen this agenda, which anyway starts to be repetitious and boring.
The entire Spanish press is against Dembele, they seemingly enjoy to kick him from various angles.

"Dembele's dark side", "The latest problem with Dembele" and shit like that comes in Marca everyday, though all the poor soul did was some mild protest, when a teammate of his was sent off by that egoistic posturer Lahoz.

I don't remember headlines like "The dark side of Ramos" or "The problem with Pepe, the butcher"... although these guys truly have a real "dark side" on the pitch, not to mention purposely trying to incapacitate Messi at numerous classicos.

What's going on against Dembele is UNFAIR and I see no reason for sane and calm people to join that train, going nowhere.

That's more of an anti Barca thing than a anti Dembele thing from Marca. I'm finding portraying Dembele as some sort of victim rather nauseating.

Even as early as a year ago , a large proportion of this fan base had him as certain to go on to win a ballon dor and even better than Mbappe. His bad displays were blamed on EV for at least a year or on his injuries ( which he doesn't do the best to avoid).

In fact, I can't remember a player who has done very little for the club being as overrated and supported as much as Dembele has been since he got here. He ain't no victim.

El Gato

Villarato!
In Croatia they expect from 1st graders kids to already know the basis of english. At the same time they don't expect them to know to write.

For U18s it's particularly strange to not know the basics these days. They grow up with video games, phones and WiFi everywhere. Old timers over 40 I can understand, but honestly, no European kid today should have any issue with it. No other language applies as much as English does.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife

Point I made was that it was telling that even among his French teammates, they largely agree he is absent minded - being late or forgetting his passport. When the biggest criticism of the player apart from injuries has been his lack of discipline & professionalism. Being unreliable only echoes that, it's not conjecture or a witch hunt it's merely his own teammates he's known longer who cite it

Potroh

Point I made was that it was telling that even among his French teammates, they largely agree he is absent minded - being late or forgetting his passport. When the biggest criticism of the player apart from injuries has been his lack of discipline & professionalism. Being unreliable only echoes that, it's not conjecture or a witch hunt it's merely his own teammates he's known longer who cite it

It was not an official test of the psychological department of Barca, it was a joyful game.

And if he is absent-minded? So what?
Einstein was also extremely absent-minded, many great humans are.

When you say "EVEN among his French teammates", you try to PROVE something by quoting that, something that has nothing to do with football.
That is the only problem.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Being unreliable doesn't require a psych eval, I didn't suggest he is mentally unstable or requiring a psych profile. Instead, I quoted friends/teammates that have known the player longer than those at Barca or local journalists. The conclusion? He's unreliable, something most of us can observe in the 2+ seasons he has been here, if you think that puts him on par with Einstein then let me know when he splits the atom

Potroh

The conclusion? He's unreliable, something most of us can observe in the 2+ seasons he has been here, if you think that puts him on par with Einstein then let me know when he splits the atom

Even if someone is proven to be unreliable in his PRIVATE sphere, it doesn't mean ANYTHING related on a football pitch.
It is just a broad generalization.

I played with footballers, also trained footballers who were quite much unreliable in private but on a football pitch, they were the most meticulous, precise and reliable players in a team.
I can even state that the more easy going players are the better ones.

What you are trying to suggest is not true, it is not general and it is unethical.

Home of Barca Fans