Ousmane Dembélé

JohnN

he was great at Barca because of Messi and Suarez not despite of them. Because their work ethics were great at the time and they were 100% professional. Being friends with them kept him focused to football. When on his own he slipped and started streaming in twitch and partying more than training. Thus, the injuries, weight gain and inconsistencies. It was a stupid move to disband one of the best attacking trios in modern history just to please his ego.

Temptation

he was great at Barca because of Messi and Suarez not despite of them. Because their work ethics were great at the time and they were 100% professional. Being friends with them kept him focused to football. When on his own he slipped and started streaming in twitch and partying more than training. Thus, the injuries, weight gain and inconsistencies. It was a stupid move to disband one of the best attacking trios in modern history just to please his ego.
He was great because of his talent not because of Messi or Suarez. What does that even mean? That's like saying Prime Messi was good because of Xavi and Iniesta. Players having great chemistry together doesn't mean this at all.

He was immense for PSG in his first 2 years. He kept missing the crucial CL games. Came very close to the CL in 2020. Then came the decline.

JohnN

He was great because of his talent not because of Messi or Suarez. What does that even mean? That's like saying Prime Messi was good because of Xavi and Iniesta. Players having great chemistry together doesn't mean this at all.

He was immense for PSG in his first 2 years. He kept missing the crucial CL games. Came very close to the CL in 2020. Then came the decline.
it means that apart from the obvious football talent other factors do exist. When Messi emerged we sold Ronaldinho because he was a terrible influence. Xavi, iniesta, Puyol were great influence.
As was messi for neymar.

Laplacian

Yeah but prime Neymar is better (talent, ability wise) than anyone not named Messi. So Dembele v Neymar is jusy pointless.

I mean that's exactly my point, Dembele doesn't score because of his position but because of his lack of talent. You compare any goal scoring winger in a top team to Dembele you'll see that they either have similar heat maps to Dembele, or more demanding heatmaps altogether (like Neymar).

Blackened

Neymar had awesome talent, no doubts about that. But he was always immature and not driven enough. Once he left Barcelona and became a Dionysus at PSG everything quickly went downhill. As tge great Alex Ferguson once remarked, sissy, "hard work always beats great talent". At the end of the day, Neymar only had the latter.

feggydinho

Neymar had awesome talent, no doubts about that. But he was always immature and not driven enough. Once he left Barcelona and became a Dionysus at PSG everything quickly went downhill. As tge great Alex Ferguson once remarked, sissy, "hard work always beats great talent". At the end of the day, Neymar only had the latter.
I would say that Neymar was unfortunate. He frequently got injured at vital moments in his prime, both for Brazil and PSG.
I don't think his leaving Barca affected his potential to win the BallonDor cause it was always going to be about Messi in Barca, the same way Benzema could only win the BallonDor at Madrid when Ronaldo left.
If we didn't have Ronaldo and Messi's long dominance, then I think Neymar and other quality players would've had the chance of winning the ballonDor. Like if Neymar was coming up in this current era, he would've stood a chance, we would see random players winning the prize now.

feggydinho

It looks like he made the right option going to PSG, seeing as Barca is a mess. PSG is also a mess, but he gets to have massive wages in that mess.

It looks like he made the right option going to PSG, seeing as Barca is a mess. PSG is also a mess, but he gets to have massive wages in that mess.
That was so since he leaved BVB, came here, did shit at the moment he got some "support" he leaved for money. I said it and I say now, fuck this guy. He isn't player you can count on. 2-3 games well, 3 bad, 10 injured or so. Glad that he's gone!!!!

Home of Barca Fans