Ousmane Dembélé

serghei

That makes zero sense.

Try again.

Yet more 'poor Xav' arguments I assume.

Had more xG in almost all games played this season, except 2-3, one of which was played in 10 men for its majority. The TEAM and the manager have been doing well, exceeding reasonable expectations. All I care about really.

For a first year of proper rebuild, almost everybody gets passing marks.

JamDav1982

Had more xG in almost all games played this season, except 2-3, one of which was played in 10 men for its majority. The TEAM and the manager have been doing well, exceeding reasonable expectations. All I care about really.

For a first year of proper rebuild, almost everybody gets passing marks.

I literally just said thankfully Xavi was not as daft on MATS and Dembele and kept them as important members of team.

Have said they are two of most improved players under Xavi.

But dont let your 'poor Xavi' angle get in the way eh.

Nice try on trying to flip your arguments against Xavi on both MATS and Dembele... doesnt wash though.

I supported Xavi on those two. You didnt. So pipe down.

serghei

I literally just said thankfully Xavi was not as daft on MATS and Dembele and kept them as important members of team.

Have said they are two of most improved players under Xavi.

But dont let your 'poor Xavi' angle get in the way eh.

Nice try on trying to flip your arguments against Xavi on both MATS and Dembele... doesnt wash though.

I supported Xavi on those two. You didnt. So pipe down.

With Stegen, sure, I give you that, so far mind you, pressure games are still yet to come. With Dembele, not really. I'd say he's been fairly rated by most here.

JamDav1982

With Stegen, no, sure, I give you that. With Dembele, not really. I'd say he's been fairly rated by most here.

Nah you were told how important he is for Xavi and how much better he is than likes of Raphina when made out he was some kind of squad player at best.

Making out Xavi was wrong on importance he gave both.

Dont care how others rated Dembele. It was mixed and still is but point is you making out as if everthing is against Xavi when point being made is he was right on those two players and that is what was being argued at time.

Not some idea these players are saving his arse as you seemed to try and twist it to be.

On Dembele last January there were very few who backed Xavi and said he would want Dembele and was 100% correct to keep playing him etc. Let alone his performances since.

serghei

He was right on Stegen, I'd would have cut him and signed a new keeper. So far, Xavi is right, and he is for sure much better than last season.

For Dembele, simply no. There was a question of Raphinha being able to start if he does well, but considering Raphinha's level, Dembele is our best winger.

Wether he is good enough for the top level, which every fan expects Barca to reach very quickly, money or no money, this is a completely different topic, and I still am skeptical.

Now, Dembele goes and makes United defender look like clowns like he does against some La Liga teams, then he might very well be Neymar's true replacement in terms of dribbling ability, delivering on his initial promise a bit.

ajnotkeith

With Stegen, sure, I give you that, so far mind you, pressure games are still yet to come. With Dembele, not really. I'd say he's been fairly rated by most here.

Should go read this thread back during the renewal saga...

Pretty sure there was like only 3 or 4 of us who still backed him and said he should play whilst whole forum wanted him out.

Good from Xavi to ignore the idiocy of fans and Alemany however and refused to put him in the stands, since then he has been one of our standout players.

JamDav1982

He was right on Stegen, I'd would have cut him and signed a new keeper. So far, Xavi is right, and he is for sure much better than last season.

For Dembele, simply no. There was a question of Raphinha being able to start if he does well, but considering Raphinha's level, no.

For Dembele simply yes.

He is 100% correct that Dembele is better than Raphina and 100% correct Dembele is more than some kind of rotation player as made out.

The point is you ignore those arguments you make against Xavi when others say he is correct.

Then try to twist it to some idea that those players doing well is then going to be some kind of anti Xavi argument if they win because some folk rated those players when you didnt.

Constant moving of goal posts.

serghei

Should go read this thread back during the renewal saga...

Pretty sure there was like only 3 or 4 of us who still backed him and said he should play whilst whole forum wanted him out.

Good from Xavi to ignore the idiocy of fans and Alemany however and refused to put him in the stands, since then he has been one of our standout players.

Yes, but that's because almost all fans still think this is old Barca, and not the new weaker version, where shining against La Liga sides is enough.

Still, Dembele is at least delivering constantly against La Liga level. Almost every week. And this is the biggest, most consistent output we got from him in 6 years nearly. Let's see where his growth gets him at. World Cup final was too high of a level all too soon for sure, which is why he was not himself and got subbed at HT.

United tie will be a good test for many. Xavi, Pedri, Gavi, Balde, Dembele, old Lewa, La Liga in its entirety almost.

Can't think of another tie to be used better as a measuring stick than this one.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Yes, but that's because almost all fans still think this is old Barca, and not the new weaker version, where shining against La Liga sides is enough.

Again that makes no sense to point made.

La Liga was just as weak when you were arguing MATS was worse than Neto and Dembele at best a squad player.

Now they do well.. it is some random point about La Liga being weak.

Usual moving goal posts.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The salary and signing bonuses Dembele and his agent demanded weren't matching up to his performances back then.

Question to everyone: If he continues performing like this for the rest of the season, just how much are you willing to pay him per year?

Personally I think Lewandowski's salary should be the ceiling.

JamDav1982

The salary and signing bonuses Dembele and his agent demanded weren't matching up to his performances back then.

Question to everyone: If he continues performing like this for the rest of the season, just how much are you willing to pay him per year?

They can ask for that they want but the discussion last summer was his ability compared to others in squad and how much Barca should do to keep him.

ajnotkeith

A permanently fit Dembele with this motivation and form can be worth as much as 20m a year. At the end of the day, if you don't sign that new contract, you are going to have to go out and get a new winger of similar or better ability which will probably cost far more than whatever his renewal figures are.

Only problem is maybe he loses a little desire and hunger if we sign him on a long-term bumper contract.

serghei

United tie answers this question as well. :lol:

Rashford is pretty much in same situation as Dembele. Both around the same age too.

Home of Barca Fans