Ousmane Dembélé

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Hopefully he continues his form and turns up big time vs. Man Utd.

If he does that and continues till the end of the season he's going to make himself a lot of money from Barca or some other club.

Birdy

Yes, it would have been meaningless. Should've and could've is all he did in his Barca career.

Probably game last night was one of maximum 3 when he was the decisive factor, in an important game.

Here is a dude who apparently has been watching football for 30 years,
and doesn't get that registering an assist doesn't depend on the one making it but also on the finisher

IQ below 70

serghei

Still have zero trust in him, but his last 5 games or so were fantastic.

Be that as it may, I know we all realize, except Birdy of course, that he's not a CL level player, but if we win this league, Dembele and Lewa among the players are most that should be credited.

Even if he can't do this extravagant stuff against top opposition, fans love this type of player. He's entertaining, and for those minutes while he does those runs, you forget it's Osasuna and Sociedad instead of Bayern or Liverpool.

For me personally, if he can do this consistently and he doesn't go to some other team in the summer (which would mean he gave us one top season - sort of - in like 6 years or so), bringing 2 league titles... feck me that's fine and would even put him among the not so terrible signings if he does it.

Maybe he's one of those cases where he starts slow, but overall, calculated over 10 years or so... not so terrible signing. If he moves now while he's just starting to deliver... for the first time in 6 years... makes it even worse.

Last edited:

iniestaGOAT

Be that as it may, I know we all realize, except Birdy of course, that he's not a CL level player, but if we win this league, Dembele and Lewa among the players are most that should be credited.

Even if he can't do this extravagant stuff against top opposition, fans love this type of player. He's entertaining, and for those minutes while he does those runs, you forget it's Osasuna and Sociedad instead of Bayern or Liverpool.

Dembele and lewa?

And not the defense and gk that's conceded 6 goals so far?

ajnotkeith

For me personally, if he can do this consistently and he doesn't go to some other team, bringing 2 league titles... feck me that's fine and would even put him among the not so terrible signings if he does it.

CL level player? Are you kidding?

You mean CL winning level player? Perhaps not, but even there I disagree. Most CL winning teams of the last years have had worse starting wingers.

He isn't among the very very best in the world but a sure thing is that there isn't many better wingers in the world right now.

serghei

CL level player? Are you kidding?

You mean CL winning level player? Perhaps not, but even there I disagree. Most CL winning teams of the last years have had worse starting wingers.

He isn't among the very very best in the world but a sure thing is that there isn't many better wingers in the world right now.

With Dembele, he can't just change his style overnight. If he tries the same things vs top tier players and he loses the ball way more than he clowns the defenders... then you tell me what does he do? Thing is, Dembele is an exuberant player, extremely entertaining, up to a certain level.

Maybe if he didn't fuck up so badly in the World Cup final and looked like a deer in the headlights, I'd believe he is truly elite, but he was worst of the worst in that match when the pressure was on.

Beasting it vs Elche or even vs Sociedad... sorry, not the best barometer.

Let's see him vs United, that's the beauty of football, nothing but tests to prove people wrong.

Last edited:

serghei

One thing is for sure, I'd still extend him if he stops acting like a world beater. He's still young, sort of. But he needs to truly explode. Don't want to see him flopping against the best teams like he did before.

serghei

Still going after Dembele as if he is shit and picking out the flaws.

Textbook Serghie.

No, plenty of positives in my comments. Saying about a player he is not elite is not a big deal. Vast majority of players, even CL winners aren't elite. His playing style is my only problem. He's basically a dribbler. If he can't own his opponent in 1 vs 1 he's half the player.

I've yet to see him scoring and making a difference in big games.

JamDav1982

No, plenty of positives in my comments. Saying about a player he is not elite is not a big deal. Vast majority of players, even CL winners aren't elite. His playing style is my only problem. He's basically a dribbler. If he can't own his opponent in 1 vs 1 he's half the player.

I've yet to see him scoring and making a difference in big games.

Doesnt matter if you claim he is elite or not. Your opionion of him has always been same and moving goals posts.

Who are the elite wingers in the world?

We know you are in love with Vini off back of one CL campaign... he was out of WC earlier than Dembele also and not been as good this season.

JamDav1982

It's January. The big pressure games start in February - March at the earliest. If he carries this form, fair play, I already said he deserves credit for his season so far.

Haha that old excuse.

A win is worth 3 points any time in season.

Away to Atletico in the league not a 'big game'?

Guess you decide not..

Home of Barca Fans