Oscar Mingueza

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Huge step up. His confidence brought him here. Hope some of it rubs on other youngsters like Dest for example.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Good game and proud of him. Benz & Vinicius ran circles around him and Dest in the first half but he responded well in the second. Also clocked 34,8 km/h today, that's some serious pace :lol:

Windhook

MOTM. Even when he was outpaced by Vinicius he managed to cover the other area where Benzema would run into. Has the IQ to read the game defensively. Not to mention his contribution in attack in another game...

Richard.H

He is very ballsy, in the sense that if he is a step too slow to the 50/50 ball or if his positioning is just slightly off, the opposition attackers would be through on goal. I counted at least 3 chances where he got very fortunate that he intercepted the ball or else Benz/Vini would be 1v1 vs MATS.

pregra

His pace is actually very good for a CB, both acceleration and top speed. His reaction time is pretty awful though, that was were he fecked up tonight most of the times. Maybe gets better with even more experience

khaled_a_d

Good attitude and well taken goal, but not starting material and very likely never will be.

Don't know, up till this morning I had same though, but he came big tonight and he is giving me doubts. He could turn to be our Pedro of defense, a guy coming out of nowhere and continue to prove doubters wrong as time goes.

serghei

I think he has a couple of key attributes spot on. There are other players that lack core qualities for a defender, and appear very polished in some outside stuff, with some nice decoration over a shaky foundation: case in point Bartra.

This guy has great character and leadership qualities. Not scared, top mentality, always going hard. Very Ramos-like, a player very used to making errors in his early days, but compensating through leadership, guts, dedication.

Right now, with everyone fit, I'd opt for Pique - Mingueza for CB. Araujo will not make it based on physicality alone. He needs to be quick and work on his technique, it's way subpar. For any modern team, not just Barca.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

I think he has a couple of key attributes spot on. There are other players that lack core qualities for a defender, and appear very polished in some outside stuff, with some nice decoration over a shaky foundation: case in point Bartra.

This guy has great character and leadership qualities. Not scared, top mentality, always going hard. Very Ramos-like, a player very used to making errors in his early days, but compensating through leadership, guts, dedication.

Right now, with everyone fit, I'd opt for Pique - Mingueza for CB. Araujo will not make it based on physicality alone. He needs to be quick and work on his technique, it's way subpar. For any modern team, not just Barca.

Exactly. Sometimes a character is an underrated part of the skill, especially with this Barca team.. I feel like we have no REAL leadership in this team whatsoever.

Richard.H

also not scared to shoot or pass to someone else when messi is right by him. Very confident. Puig is also sort of this way.

Home of Barca Fans