Nou Camp projects: Foster vs Vidal

Which project do you think is better

• Total voters

Guardian

We all know that the current board is planning to modernize Nou Camp following Norman Foster's project, but now Laporta and co are considering to take into account another very ambitious project that could see Barcelona playing in a stadium built on artificial island off the catalan coast. The project is designed by a local architect named Emil Vidal and could make the new Camp Nou the most impressive stadium in the world. So my question is which project do you prefer? The classic version of Foster or the pricy super futuristic design of Emil Vidal?

Sir Norman Foster's project:

barcelona-new-camp-nou.jpg

67.jpg

camp_nou.jpg

Vidal's project

lgbarsa1807090.jpg

lgbarsa21807090.jpg

lgbarsa31807090.jpg

C_3_Media_837695_immagine.jpg

Last edited:

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
man the one in the ocean is so futristic, but how can we afford.... and it seems unsafe.. and unrealistic the colorful one looks amazing i am for it

S

Snyde

There is no way we are going for the second one. As it is the Foster project will cost too much.

Necro Spaaw

NeSaVlaDiV
first one, since its a reconstruction, not a start from the scratch and therefore cheaper. besides i love it..
idk the island one also looks nice, but its kinda pointless to do that..
all i really want is a closed roof, that can open also.. at will, so that ppl or the players dont get wet when its rainy or cold

anyways, both look amazing! its gonna be capped to 120k people max?

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
How the hell do they plan on getting 100k people into that seaside stadium along one access road? No way is that viable.

maz

I walk the line
How the hell do they plan on getting 100k people into that seaside stadium along one access road? No way is that viable.

There's no cars on there, and by the looks of things the road is as wide as the pitch. Everyone will be going in one direction. It is more viable than it first seems.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
There needs to be some kind of parking or we can kiss goodbye to our 5 star status, one of the provisos for 5 star rating is the provision of parking on matchdays.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
it looks as if the parking lots are before the walking bridge.. man it looks so futuristic... but is this possible

E

Esteve

I'm against Vidal's project for a few reasons. It will cost too much, doesn't seem all that realistic & I hate the idea of leaving Camp Nou. Leaving all the history that goes with it behind :sad:

maz

I walk the line
There needs to be some kind of parking or we can kiss goodbye to our 5 star status, one of the provisos for 5 star rating is the provision of parking on matchdays.

Im sure that parking will have been taken into consideration.

Having said all that, while i feel the ocean one looks better and is very attractive, i voted for norman foster's one because it is the one which makes the most sense.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
I've voted for Foster's because I wouldn't want to see the club leave Camp Nou which is in a great location especially given the new metro line which will see the ground on a direct line to the airport and the city centre.

Evil

Shabazz
Foster for two reasons. First being, the Camp Nou has so much history, it would be sad leaving it, plus the reconstruction looks good. Secondly, as much as Vidal's project is amazing, it would cost us a fortune.

Home of Barca Fans