Nico Williams

JamDav1982

He looks much better on the left.

Has a good final ball when cuts back on right and assist with his left also.

Think that is 6 assist in 6 games this season if include penalties won.

Andresito

Staff member
Yamal better do some agent work and convince the guy not to renew his contract. The two have a bromance and the LW is up for grabs. Would be a good Felix replacement for next season and we can spend the 50-60m elsewhere (including another LW if there is a good market opportunity).

Porque

Alot of whispers that Nico is on his way from those in the know.

Deal makes sense on all levels. Salary wise we can compete with the PL sides but not SA. While there will be first team guarantees somewhat when/if Joao goes.

Just a question of if the lad wants to leave Bilbao as those boys tend to be shockingly loyal.

Andresito

Staff member
Alot of whispers that Nico is on his way from those in the know.

Deal makes sense on all levels. Salary wise we can compete with the PL sides but not SA. While there will be first team guarantees somewhat when/if Joao goes.

Just a question of if the lad wants to leave Bilbao as those boys tend to be shockingly loyal.
Really? Last I read (two weeks ago) was that he said "I have things clear, I always have. These are things that my representative handles, but everything has a process. Things are going well, let people be calm". And rumours are he'll extend for an additional 2 years only, with a clause that remains about the same as the current one (50m).

I interpret that as him wanting to move in the near future but that he doesn't want to burn bridges with Athletic. He's doing Athletic a big favour by renewing. If I were him I'd leave on a free, any club to choose from (could be that Barca cannot afford him if he renews, if he wants to come here) and a nice little sign-on bonus. But maybe he'd be benched ahead of Euros, and Athletic aren't exactly a poor club so he'll get his money.

Porque

Andresito

Staff member
BREAKING: Barcelona have initiated contacts with Nico Williams' camp. The Athletic Club winger is out of contract next year, and Xavi is keen on him. @Alfremartinezz

He's been at Athletic since he was 11, he's 21 now. Think it'll be hard to convince him to turn his back on Athletic for free, but we can always hope.

JamDav1982

From start of this season on the left he looks the real deal.

Can go inside and out, can beat players with pace if get too tight but can pick off a good ball into box if they sit off.

Nico and Lamal are both wide players that can be left isolated out wide and cause havoc on their own as have so many options... from what have seen to this point.

It is where likes of Raphinha lacks in comparison. Who is much more one dimensional and little threat on outside and cant play that 'isolated' winger role so well.

The way Pep/City have gone is these wide players that dont need support as much and Nico/Lamal look ideal for that.

Home of Barca Fans