Nico Gonzalez

XaviV

Pedri and Gavi are set, I do not see Nico on Busi position. I wrote Frenkie does not fit us, but Nico seems to be even a worse fit.

khaled_a_d

Reckon he will leave. Will have too many options to move to other big clubs and wont sit on bench.

While Xavi wont bench Busi, Pedri or Gavi any time soon for any real time.

Sooner or later one of Pedri/Gavi/Nico will leave for sure, but I think we can hold onto him another couple of years before he asks out.
AT least I hope so

JamDav1982

Sooner or later one of Pedri/Gavi/Nico will leave for sure, but I think we can hold onto him another couple of years before he asks out.
AT least I hope so

Rumours already that his father wants him to go to City as Barca are playing likes of Busi week in week out and also looking to sign midfielders.

Can see how it pans out but he is one seems most likely to go unless something changes soon.

FinBarcelonafan

Rumours already that his father wants him to go to City as Barca are playing likes of Busi week in week out and also looking to sign midfielders.

Can see how it pans out but he is one seems most likely to go unless something changes soon.

He would never play for City. Paycheck they want.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
His father is the reason he didn't go to City 2-3 years ago so this rumor seem doubtful. Who reported this rumor anyway?

JamDav1982

His father is the reason he didn't go to City 2-3 years ago so this rumor seem doubtful. Who reported this rumor anyway?

When he had chances to go to number of clubs and as a Barca fan he wanted to go there.

That wont mean he will reject City or any of those other clubs for the remainder of his career.

jamrock

He would go to city because it's every midfielders dream to be coached by the man, I don't care who you are & over time he will get playing time.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
When he had chances to go to number of clubs and as a Barca fan he wanted to go there.

That wont mean he will reject City or any of those other clubs for the remainder of his career.

Alright, but I cannot see it being reported anywhere that his father is pushing for him to join City right now anyway so this is fake news it sounds like. Has a contract till 2024 with a 500m buyout clause anyway.

JamDav1982

If he has no chance with Barca he has even less with
City. Moriba move in my mind. Don't leave good situation..

Good situation?

Moriba is not relevant and was not wanted by clubs of that level and despite that players back themselves for those moves.

That is no reason to claim he would never play for City which is a bizarre claim. They would probably be the no1 destination for majority of players if wanted to leave Barca and could get there.

FinBarcelonafan

Good situation?

Moriba is not relevant and was not wanted by clubs of that level and despite that players back themselves for those moves.

That is no reason to claim he would never play for City which is a bizarre claim. They would probably be the no1 destination for majority of players if wanted to leave Barca and could get there.

So who is he going to bench on City team? Especially if he can't play for Barca.

Moriba was idiotic move because he was getting minutes with Barca. Nico is in similar situation.

You don't want to lose momentum and position in the team because of few extra million.

JamDav1982

So who is he going to bench on City team? Especially if he can't play for Barca.

Moriba was idiotic move because he was getting minutes with Barca. Nico is in similar situation.

No idea that would be up to Pep and where he would see him if made a move.

Moriba could well and gone and got money he never would at Barca and be at club now 6th choice.

As said.. players will back themselves in these moves.

Home of Barca Fans