Nico Gonzalez

ajnotkeith

And after another bad game you'll have an L... Or maybe you'll just be quiet.

He played good overall today, in a game that suited him pretty well. He is still a bit sloppy in his touch and a bit unsure positionally, and he lacks speed and agility, but here he was able to turn his marker sometimes and have a lot of space to run into, he made good use of these opportunities.

Bobo on the right lines here (It's only because Busquets fucked up but oh well)

ajnotkeith

You kept saying that you're not big on him, criticizing at every opportunity. Don't try to conceal your agenda

Well unlike some of the hounds on this forum I 1. Can admit when a player has a good game regardless of my thoughts on them and 2. A player having a good game vs Rayo doesn't change a lot for me.

I'm not gonna lie and say he played bad. He played good. But I also think if there are many other games he played bad those take precedence until there's a long-term change.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Because one player lacks one thing, another player can't lack the same thing? Is this what "awareness" is about?

Because you'd never say that about Busi. Only now you acknowledge it since I pointed out your hypocrisy. Not rocket science now is it? And anyway, he hasn't even been slow in this game but very good at breaking the lines in a fast fashion by dribbling, a skill that Busi never had (and that's ok because he is a different player).

ajnotkeith

Nico is not straight line slow but lacks agility and change of direction. When he picks up the ball and goes forward his pace is decent but it's the turns especially defensively where he can be caught out sometimes.

He likes to venture out his DM role and attack sometimes but he can get burnt like he did vs Atletico for both the goals since he didn't get back in position. I'd like to see him play CM instead so he doesn't have to defend that much and can go forward since he showed great things offensively today with the line-breaking passes.

Home of Barca Fans