NFL

KingLeo10

FKS0n64XoAILcPX

It's Jordan and it's not even close.

Sailor Mars

Amazing thing about Brady is that he showed no signs of slowing down. Could've continued to play at an All-Pro level.

His playoff records are going to be untouchable.

Rassvet

And the NFL is?
It literally is only popular in the US.

Well you compared Gretzky to the NBA goats rather than NFL. Even NFL is still way bigger than hockey though as the numbers back up.

(Forbes)

“Combined, the NHL’s ten highest-paid players are set to collect $117 million, a pittance compared with the top-ten totals in the NBA ($714 million), the NFL ($418 million) and even Major League Baseball ($357 million). Hockey’s relatively meager revenue—projected to surpass $5 billion this season, a third of what the NFL made in its last pre-pandemic season, in 2019—depresses salaries, and marketing opportunities off the ice are scarce.”

KingLeo10

I like Jordan because he's the only with a flawless resume. 6-0 in finals, always finals MVP, no game 7. 10 straight scoring championships.

Bolt's GOATness relies a lot of his genetic advantage and not much else (leadership, mental toughness etc.)

Messi and tennis big 3 have holes in their resume. So does Brady with 2 losses to Eli and 1 to a backup QB in SB.

Last edited:

Sailor Mars

Well you compared Gretzky to the NBA goats rather than NFL. Even NFL is still way bigger than hockey though as the numbers back up.

(Forbes)

?Combined, the NHL?s ten highest-paid players are set to collect $117 million, a pittance compared with the top-ten totals in the NBA ($714 million), the NFL ($418 million) and even Major League Baseball ($357 million). Hockey?s relatively meager revenue?projected to surpass $5 billion this season, a third of what the NFL made in its last pre-pandemic season, in 2019?depresses salaries, and marketing opportunities off the ice are scarce.?

NBA has been restricted to tall people for a majority of its history. The average NBA height meant is was restricted to primarily a small segment of the population. It isn't until recently with the rule changes and 3 point emphasis that we've seen smaller stars pop up.

The NFL barely makes any revenue outside the USA. It benefits from being able to sell a lot of TV ad inventory because of all the paused in play. Other countries with less tolerance for ads don't pay anything to show the NFL.

Sailor Mars

I like Jordan because he's the only with a flawless resume. 6-0 in finals, always finals MVP, no game 7. 10 straight scoring championships.

Bolt's GOATness relies a lot of his genetic advantage and not much else (leadership, mental toughness etc.)

Messi and tennis big 3 have holes in their resume. So does Brady with 2 losses to Eli and 1 to a backup QB in SB.

I like Bolt's claim to GOAT because I feel running is arguably the most accessible sport. Other sports have some sort of restrictions to them which limits the talent pool. But almost anybody in the world can take up running. Dominating against a larger talent pool is worth more than dominating in a sport played by only a few people.

Rassvet

I like Bolt's claim to GOAT because I feel running is arguably the most accessible sport. Other sports have some sort of restrictions to them which limits the talent pool. But almost anybody in the world can take up running. Dominating against a larger talent pool is worth more than dominating in a sport played by only a few people.

C’mom dawg. I guess almost anyone can take up running but pretty much anyone can take up basketball too.

If anything, I would say sprinting is more down to genetics and would have a smaller pool of potential greats than NBA or other sports.

Home of Barca Fans