Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hatem Ben Arfa

For god's sake stop hating on Villa.
And your nonstop praising for Neymar is getting really boring. He's a good player, but comparing him to Ronaldinho is almost as pathetic as your hatred towards Villa.

I'm not hating on Villa. just retorting to a poster (that has Villa as his avatar) that said Neymar is overrated and doesn't want him at barca.

how is the comparison to Ronaldinho pathetic? do you not see any similarities in their style of play and that edge of your seat excitement at wondering what piece of magic is going to come next?

you truly see no similarities in their games at all?

as for Villa I'm not hating. I said his form was not good enough last season, and got progressively worse week after week, and I was happy to point it out to those who were in denial and getting agressive (to the point that they were having a go at Bojan for daring to point out his form ffs) about it week after week.

Villa is a fantastic player, but he has come nowhere near his Valenica levels at Barca, especially when it comes to 1 on 1 finishing with the goalkeeper.

Pepe Silvia

Neymar----Messi----Sanchez up front, what kind of Barcelona fan would not want that front line?

David Villa fans????
I mean, this is starting to sound more and more mouth watering as the days go by man. I'd love to see this attack trident with Villa/Pedro/Tello/Cuenca subs... Neymar and Villa trading off :worthy:

South American as all fxck! :wub:

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Oh what a surprise, HBA taking cheap shots at David "the racist" Villa.

I mean, this is starting to sound more and more mouth watering as the days go by man. I'd love to see this attack trident with Villa/Pedro/Tello/Cuenca subs... Neymar and Villa trading off :worthy:

South American as all fxck! :wub:

It sounds all nice on paper until you realize in the real world these guys have egos and don't generate chemistry by being shuffled around like musical chairs. This team is already top heavy as it is, you fill it with as many fancy dribblers as you find and the returns are going to diminish.

Pepe Silvia

Oh what a surprise, HBA taking cheap shots at David "the racist" Villa.
In all fairness bro, he kind of has a point. We need someone like Neymar right now. Not to shit on Villa, but he has been absent this season (while playing on a leg break yes) but he is no spring chicken and you see how we've suffered this season with only Messi in attack. We are way too predictable. Cesc and Xavi are our #2 and #3 guys right now and they are midfielders :(

Pepe Silvia

It sounds all nice on paper until you realize in the real world these guys have egos and don't generate chemistry by being shuffled around like musical chairs. This team is already top heavy as it is, you fill it with as many fancy dribblers as you find and the returns are going to diminish.
Thanks for explaining that :wave:

If Neymar wasn't so open to the move and most importantly, humble about it, I'd say to hell with him. He worships Messi and praises Barça constantly. It's not like we'd be bringing a CR type of hothead in, he is just a kid and gives props where props is due. Imagine how much he'd learn? Look at how awesome Thiago is developing...

I don't see your problem.

Armando929

I seriously doubt Pep would want Neymar anyway. He couldn't handle the big personalities of Eto'o and Ibra. He didn't even want to deal with Ronnie and Deco.

Its true that a player can be molded but Neymar is used to being THE MAN. A big fish in a small pond. He's not going to like to compete for starting positions.

Disaster waiting to happen if we sign him. We have plenty of attackers anyway.

We should be more concerned with finding a center back than another attacker.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
In all fairness bro, he kind of has a point. We need someone like Neymar right now. Not to shit on Villa, but he has been absent this season (while playing on a leg break yes) but he is no spring chicken and you see how we've suffered this season with only Messi in attack. We are way too predictable. Cesc and Xavi are our #2 and #3 guys right now and they are midfielders :(

if you could snap your fingers and have Neymar right now I can understand, but since when did you write guys off at 30? Villa will be back next year and there's no reason he can't be himself, players have come back from far worse injuries.

Neymar isn't some 17 year old who will be happy playing spot minutes, the rumor is that he favors Barca over Madrid because Rosell promised him the world and Perez refused to guarantee him anything. He has a major marketing machine behind him, if Barca sign Neymar he will be expected to play as much as Messi. He's Nike's best commodity since Ronaldinho, he's basically everything you want in a Brazilian, a lanky mixed race kid who dances and does stepovers and has a funny haircut that kids like.

He's going to be very expensive, and he's going to play a lot. Which means you have Villa, Sanchez, Tello (who is a stud), Pedro and Cuenca to fight over the scraps.

Thanks for explaining that :wave:

If Neymar wasn't so open to the move and most importantly, humble about it, I'd say to hell with him. He worships Messi and praises Barça constantly. It's not like we'd be bringing a CR type of hothead in, he is just a kid and gives props where props is due. Imagine how much he'd learn? Look at how awesome Thiago is developing...

I don't see your problem.

It's one thing to say nice things about Messi and Barca from a distance. Ibra says plenty of nice things about Messi when he's not competing for the spotlight.

And Neymar is probably a great kid. While the way he presents himself suggests questionable maturity, he no doubt works hard and genuinely just wants to be the best.

But Thiago isn't up to his eyeballs in marketing contracts with way Neymar is. This kid has a lot of politics behind him. Thiago is also not a ball dependant player, he's not Xavi but he's probably the closest thing la Masia has produced in many ways. Neymar is a dribbler and scorer, at Santos he creates for others but it's Ganso and the fullbacks that do the primary buildup, he's the final weapon much as Messi is for us.

Last edited:

Pepe Silvia

if you could snap your fingers and have Neymar right now I can understand, but since when did you write guys off at 30? Villa will be back next year and there's no reason he can't be himself, players have come back from far worse injuries.
I'm not writing anyone off. Villa deserves to come back and ball up for all he has done for us. I'm saying we need reinforcements because Tello/Cuenca are too green for CL, even league as we saw today with Tello.

a lanky mixed race kid who dances and does stepovers and has a funny haircut that kids like.
Neymar buries goals and has finish product, as do some other of our players like Villa and Pedro when on form. Point is we need reinforcements. Look, Messi is by himself right now, dealing with the attack on his OWN. Have you seen his frustration lately??? It's not for refs, or pitches, or anything else but not having support up there.

He's going to be very expensive, and he's going to play a lot. Which means you have Villa, Sanchez, Tello (who is a stud), Pedro and Cuenca to fight over the scraps.
Shared minutes man. You don't like it, there's the fucking door son. We don't have none of that ego shit here. Ibra anyone? :pep:

EDIT: Tello is great, but he needs to develop A LOT more to his game because right now he is far too direct and will be found out sooner or later. He kicks a wicked laser fast ball and has some nice moves, but he is far from a finished product. I'd say Bojan coming up was even more impressive than Tello. Look how that turned out. Not dissing, saying let's give those younger guys some time to integrate and not throw too much on their shoulders.

Last edited:

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I'm not writing anyone off. Villa deserves to come back and ball up for all he has done for us. I'm saying we need reinforcements because Tello/Cuenca are too green for CL, even league as we saw today with Tello.

The problem is, Neymar isn't a reinforcement. He's a main fucking course. You are going to pay big bucks for him, he's going to introduce a new shoeline the day he's introduced, he's going to be headlining with Messi. Nike lost out on Robinho, it's been 6 years since they had a marquee Brazilian.

Pepe Silvia

The problem is, Neymar isn't a reinforcement. He's a main fucking course. You are going to pay big bucks for him, he's going to introduce a new shoeline the day he's introduced, he's going to be headlining with Messi. Nike lost out on Robinho, it's been 6 years since they had a marquee Brazilian.
I have a problem believing that under Pep, this will be the case. He benched Ibra for underperforming, if Neymar were to come in, he'd do the same to him. Cesc is the main man in EPL, comes in and sees a lot of the bench. Players have to adapt to Barça philosophy, not the other way around. Everyone plays their part and shares the glory. This isn't Madrid.

B

beautifulgame

I seriously doubt Pep would want Neymar anyway. He couldn't handle the big personalities of Eto'o and Ibra. He didn't even want to deal with Ronnie and Deco.

Its true that a player can be molded but Neymar is used to being THE MAN. A big fish in a small pond. He's not going to like to compete for starting positions.

Disaster waiting to happen if we sign him. We have plenty of attackers anyway.

DOOOOOOOMM

View attachment 5200

La Furia

Legion of Doooom

Nah, it's doooooom if we don't sign Neymar, because Tello will bust, Villa is finished and Sanchez sucks because he ain't Aguero. If we sign Neymar it's going to be
Doom_II_-_Hell_on_Earth_Coverart.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans