Neymar Jr.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Neymar scored in every KO stage match and was crucial for us that season. Didnt he score three goals against bayern? And Messi got a lot more freedom as oppenent also needed to focus on Ney., he isnt peak Ronny level but during 15-18 this man was unplayabale.

BBZ8800

Neymar scored in every KO stage match and was crucial for us that season. Didnt he score three goals against bayern? And Messi got a lot more freedom as oppenent also needed to focus on Ney., he isnt peak Ronny level but during 15-18 this man was unplayabale.

He scored 10 CL goals in 2015.
And then he scored 11 CL goals in 3 other seasons combined in 28 matches.

4 goals in iirc 12 KO matches in 2014, 2016 and 2017.
Scored zero goals in away KO matches in 2014, 16 and 17 against: City, Atletico (2014), Arsenal, Atletico (2016), Psg, Juve (2017).

He was really good for 12 Months and quite meh and way below 222m price in other 3 years.
Imo, he was a 200m player for 12 Months.
And 80m worth winger during other 3 years.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

He scored 10 CL goals in 2015.
And then he scored 11 CL goals in 3 other seasons combined in 28 matches.

4 goals in iirc 12 KO matches in 2014, 2016 and 2017.
Scored zero goals in away KO matches in 2014, 16 and 17 against: City, Atletico (2014), Arsenal, Atletico (2016), Psg, Juve (2017).

He was really good for 12 Months and quite meh and way below 222m price in other 3 years.
Imo, he was a 200m player for 12 Months.
And 80m worth winger during other 3 years.

Stats-wise he was meh but he was always one of our best players.

In 15-16: 1 assist 1 goal vs Arsenal, didnt score against atletico but was according whoscored our second best player in the away match which we lost 0-2 (2 key passes, 4 dribbles)

In 16-17: Against PSG away no goals but according whoscored our best player ( 7 dribbles, 1 key passes - second best was messi with 2 dribbles), at home he was by far the best player, one man army. ; Against Juventus away 3 key passes ( not a good match but also not bad), at home he was the only one who believed in the comeback ( created 4 chances and had 15 ! dribbles against the best defence in the world)

So BBZ my friend you see even though he was quite average/bad goal-wise, he was always one/the best player in the KO matches. In 16/17 our midfield was pure trash thats why our front three needed to create the chances themself and couldnt score much.

BBZ8800

So BBZ my friend you see even though he was quite average/bad goal-wise, he was always one/the best player in the KO matches. In 16/17 our midfield was pure trash thats why our front three needed to create the chances themself and couldnt score much.

Half of those dribbles were probably his signature backwards dribbles or useless dribbles 50 meters away from the box 😉

Zlatan said: "Neymar isn't as concrete as Ronaldinho"

No need to discuss more.
Lock the topic.

Laplacian

Half of those dribbles were probably his signature backwards dribbles or useless dribbles 50 meters away from the box ��

Zlatan said: "Neymar isn't as concrete as Ronaldinho"

No need to discuss more.
Lock the topic.

Backwards dribbles.
The same dribbles Ronaldinho regularly made. :)

Keep coping, boomer.

Joan

Why is this guy in the same discussion as Dinho, a true legend and a genuine virtuoso? These days, everybody's scoring more, assisting more, running more... as if that matters in this weak era with very few inspiring, world class players.

Bbz killing it yet again. Zoomers can't catch their breath.

Laplacian

Watch this beauty:

The number of misplaced passes. Don't think he actually manages to successfully take on a player here at all...? The attempted shots, lol. Dumb losses of possession. Stopped watching halfway through. Clearly romanticized due to nostalgia.

This isn't even hard. I'm simply clicking the "Ronaldinho vs" videos youtube's recommending.

Cope harder boomers.

Laplacian

Considering how some of you describe him in comparison to Neymar (no backwards dribbling, no losses of possession, no unnecessary dribbling, no diving, always effective), you'd think he didn't have shit games. But turns out he had quite a lot of them! He's even diving in the video I posted (Ronaldinho's reputation I'm told, is in complete contrast to players who dive).

But that's the fucking point! I'm not saying he's a shit player, I'm in agreement that Ronaldinho was fucking fantastic. Once again my point is that a whole lot of you have forgotten his flaws and romanticized him insanely, which is okay it was over 15 years ago; but you do this WHILE accentuating the flaws of modern players and pitting those perceptions of modern players against the infallible Ronaldinho people like BBZ have built up in their heads.

It's about having a rational discussion on past players and the players of now, instead of these boomer-tastic mannerisms so many of you are guilty of.

Laplacian

A sidenote: BBZ's descriptions of Ronaldinho fits Messi far better than they fit Ronaldinho, BBZ's description of Neymar fits Ronaldinho quite well. I just thought that was funny, considering how much BBZ dislikes Messi.

fergus90

Ronaldinho on his day was breathtaking, especially from 04-06 but in 15 years time once Neymar has long retired there will be football fans discussing how Neymar was untouchable etc.

Retired players are always romanticised, probably because as humans looking back brings nostalgia and a connection to a certain time in your life that you will never experience again.

KingLeo10

If only Brazilians had the discipline of Germans. Their desire to party and be flashy will always be the downfall.

Can't have it both ways, though. Genius comes with spontaneity and sometimes self-destructive behavior. When the Brazilian superstars peak, there's rarely something quite like it.

Laplacian

Ronaldinho on his day was breathtaking, especially from 04-06 but in 15 years time once Neymar has long retired there will be football fans discussing how Neymar was untouchable etc.

Retired players are always romanticised, probably because as humans looking back brings nostalgia and a connection to a certain time in your life that you will never experience again.

Good post. You will never see BBZ make this comment, the lack of self awareness is hilarious.

Home of Barca Fans