Neymar Jr.

Horatio

You're welcome
His assist was insane, but did he do something apart from that? He still looks rather sluggish and way past his absolute best. Still pretty good though.

I agree. I wasn't that impressed.

Edit: He had a second assist? Missed that one.

Newcomer

I agree. I wasn't that impressed.

Edit: He had a second assist? Missed that one.

To be honest, i think it is hard for players like Neymar to shine a lot more against opponents like Bayern with this PSG team.

He will mostly receive the ball in his own half and has to go very vertically very fast to create a chance.

Bit like Messi when his team is being crushed in CL.

Getting assists like he did today is very good imo.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Yeah, can't fault Neymar at all today because Bayern was pounding PSG pretty hard and PSG was reduced to their own half most of the time. Can't think of another player who would have performed better/differently in those circumstances.

FinBarcelonafan

Yeah, can't fault Neymar at all today because Bayern was pounding PSG pretty hard and PSG was reduced to their own half most of the time. Can't think of another player who would have performed better/differently in those circumstances.

Exactly. I think he got the best out of the situation. Not much else he could do.

It was Barca level hammering away, but they won 2-3. That's a huge win right there.

KingLeo10

Neymar and Mbappe handing a massive L to [MENTION=19457]KingLeo10[/MENTION] :lol:

You do realize that they did get shut out by Bayern in the CL final?

And that Neymar didn't score tonight? I was referring to him in the first post.

Dishing out Ls doesn't quite work the selective, BBZ way lad. If you want to hand them out, you also gotta take them for when Mbappe got clowned by United academy boys, for example.

So, hold that for the meantime until the French turtle wins something in the CL.

:koeman:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Ship has sailed both on his future here and his long-term legacy - he made a poor career decision years ago that cannot be mitigated at this point even if he were to win a CL. There were glimpses there of what a player of Neymar's caliber brings to a game that say Dembele is unlikely to ever do consistently. But then again, Neymar is not doing that consistently enough anyway

It is a reminder though of what a talent he is, just a tool of a professional

On the flip side, says so much of a player like Messi who worked on his game and maintained a GOAT level of play, desire & work ethic - 17 seasons and counting. There are levels and then there is Messi

Home of Barca Fans