Neymar Jr.

El Trencaxarxes

I still think Neymar is one of the best players in the world to watch.

He is, and he still is one of the best players in the world. He was out for more than two months this year, yet he is still just three goals behind Mohamed Salah (who, as we all remember, was 3rd in The Best, during 2018. Throughout the entire year, he's only played in 11 games without scoring. That's really insane. Yeah, yeah. He's playing in Ligue 1, but let's not forget about two things. Firstly, Ligue 1 is consistently producing players that move to other leagues and are then some of the best and most productive players. Secondly, Neymar already has proven himself in a bigger league. Neymar is still a joy to watch and he's still one of the best in the world. I understand being upset about the way he left, but let's not be irrational in our judgement of his level.

Jadentheman

He is, and he still is one of the best players in the world. He was out for more than two months this year, yet he is still just three goals behind Mohamed Salah (who, as we all remember, was 3rd in The Best, during 2018. Throughout the entire year, he's only played in 11 games without scoring. That's really insane. Yeah, yeah. He's playing in Ligue 1, but let's not forget about two things. Firstly, Ligue 1 is consistently producing players that move to other leagues and are then some of the best and most productive players. Secondly, Neymar already has proven himself in a bigger league. Neymar is still a joy to watch and he's still one of the best in the world. I understand being upset about the way he left, but let's not be irrational in our judgement of his level.

The thing is he’s still in his prime years so he should be playing them in a second rate league. Yes he has proven himself but it would have been better if he was consistently proving himself in La Liga. He only really proved himself from 2014-2017

El Trencaxarxes

Okay, real talk here.

1) Neymar is one of the best players in the world. He consistently delivers. He did so in Santos as a teenager, he did so in Barcelona for four years, he has done so in Paris so far, and he has always delivered for Selecão. His goal tally speaks its own clear language. He's 26 years old and he's already well above 300 goals for club and country. That's special.
2) Paris Saint-Germain has issues as a team. Some of them are related to Neymar and his role, but their issues are mainly centred around their lack of defensive stability and depth, while the midfield has also struggled immensely in Europe in recent seasons. Verratti hasn't been as good since he lost the security that Thiago Motta provided PSG with.
3) Ligue 1 is a great league, albeit not quite as good as La Liga and the Premier League. It's not a coincidence that a lot of the successful players in the bigger leagues are recruited from Ligue 1.
4) Let's not pretend that we've been great in Europe since Lucho's first season. We haven't been able to progress past the quarterfinals for four straight seasons. That's just not good enough for a club like Barcelona. Actually, for the past six seasons, we've only progressed past the quarterfinals once, which was back in 2015. We've struggled hugely in Europe for the past handful of years. I don't understand why you would try to deny that.

I also don't get the title of this thread. I understand being upset about the way Neymar left us, but Divemar Jr.? Really? That just seems too petty and childish.

fergus90

After his world cup antics where he was mocked worldwide, he does seem to have settled down now and it's showing. One reason for my indifference for him was the circus constantly surrounding him. Partly due to him being the big Brazilian superstar and his own actions.

When he was with us especially his last couple of seasons, he seemed to only pass to Messi and the rare occasion Suarez, holding onto the ball way too long and killing attacks in the process.

This showed a lot in during the last few months of 16/17 where he was awful at times. When he was more direct i.e 14/15 he was an absolute killer, plus he really stepped up when Messi got injured in the beginning of 15/16 but from then onward he frustrated me a lot.

The only thing that bothered me about the PSG move was the disruption it caused to pre-season and preparation.

raskolnikov

The bird who flew from the shadows of freedom to a golden cage. To have all eyes on him and an enormous Wage. Only to realize its not at all what he pictured it to be, wanting to leave yet unable thus forced into Qatari slavery.

El Trencaxarxes

Watching the highlights of yesterday's PSG game against Napoli, Neymar was quite good.

He usually is. I don't understand the necessity of so many people in here to put him down. He's scored 28 goals this year despite being out injured for almost three months. And that's without even mentioning his assists and number of chances created. He is a force to be reckoned with and very arguably the third best in the world behind Messi and Ronaldo.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He usually is. I don't understand the necessity of so many people in here to put him down. He's scored 28 goals this year despite being out injured for almost three months. And that's without even mentioning his assists and number of chances created. He is a force to be reckoned with and very arguably the third best in the world behind Messi and Ronaldo.

Well, some Barca fans still habor a lot of hate toward him and some simply can't view him more objectively. I do think his progression has stalled a bit and he hasn't proven to be as great as some thought he was going to be, but generally I reckon he is still very good.

But, I don't want him back.

Yeah true but many people dont understand that. His Performance yesterday reminded me of Messi Prime, dribbles against 3-4 oppenents and then palying the perfect pass to Mbappe/Cavani. But they were not able to score thats why PSG played only 2-2 and people who didnt watch the match think that Neymar was bad.

Home of Barca Fans