Neymar Jr. - v5

Devils

He's considering retirement.

[tw]1015606990532497408[/tw]

"It's difficult to find the strength to play football again"

He can always take up farming.

mssarm

People talk about Neymar improving his game not sure what they are talking about. To shine in French league is not a big deal, many players will shine in that league. What was the true test is CL and WC both tournaments that Neymar showed that he went downhill. What we saw a ball hogging, egomaniac and emotionally unstable player. Did the injuries make him more selfish? He is paying the price for leaving Barca, because at Barca he had checks and balances, players around him kept his head clean. PSG treatment gave him this primadonna attitude. It will get worse for him because he will continue to get his diva treatment in PSG while his teammate Mbappe is arguably better player and had true rising star performance.

BergCaliente

Question to fans of Barca about MSN

Can You tell me please, dear fans of Barca (cuz I*m the new one and it*s very important to me to know Your opinion) why so many people in Barcelona dont like or even hate Neymar?
According to his statistics in Barca he did very well.
And He did not come to Real Madrid (not yet at least).
So, I would be vary glad to know Your opinion.
Do You want him back to Barca some day?

serghei

Can You tell me please, dear fans of Barca (cuz I*m the new one and it*s very important to me to know Your opinion) why so many people in Barcelona dont like or even hate Neymar?
According to his statistics in Barca he did very well.
And He did not come to Real Madrid (not yet at least).
So, I would be vary glad to know Your opinion.
Do You want him back to Barca some day?

I'm gonna give you several reasons:

1. His antics are deteriorating. They were annoying in the past, and horrible right now. People saw he liked to dive even at Barcelona, but the club actually forced him to cut down on that as much as possible (he still had moments he clowned around). Playing with Xavi, with Iniesta, he was kind of restricted. Wasn't able to show off his truly pathetic character. Now this is the real Neymar. It's who he is when he is let loose.

2. He is a money whore. Self explanatory here.

3. His entourage is toxic and terrible. Pretty obvious again.

4. He limits players around him by being an individualistic clown. Marcelo, Alba, these are two great RBs were actually limited by Neymar taking everything on that side and deciding by himself what he wants to do with the ball. When he usually released the ball to these two, it was because he didn't find anything to do on his own - and by that time Marcelo and Alba already lost their good position.

This started to happen post 2015, when Neymar wanted to be more on the ball. Before 2015, Neymar was more an off the ball threat like Ronaldo. He scored more goals, and was more decisive with his speed because he just wasn't passed to as much. His finishing was also a level above because he was more in 1 vs 1 situations. We played on the right more with Alvessi back then.

He was at his best when he had time to pick his runs and he usually received the ball in better positions as a result. Imo, Neymar is not a player to give ball to feet very much. He has too many faults that make him a mediocre focus point at the highest level. He is a brilliant support forward though, which is what he was in 2015. Messi was the architect the one who spent most time on the ball, Suarez was the main attacker playing infiltrated between the two opposing CBs, and Neymar was basically the deadly forward who appeared inside from the wing in space and to finish great plays with his speed. Plays that he did not make usually, but were made for him.

5. He is immature and stupid, provokes players and shows a massive lack of fair play towards the game overall.

Neymar in 2015, as [MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION] is saying, was the best player he'll ever be. Part of a functioning team and huge club, under a manager with balls, with a clear role and tactical responsability, and with enough legends around him to make him feel like clowning around is not an option.

Even in the Bilbao game when he didn't do much wrong some Barca legends warned him that his attitude wasn't right towards the end of the game. I can only guess that team and its legends kept Neymar in line. As it should happen in a top club. You have another example when Xavi was visibly mad at Neymar for a gesture he made at the treble parade. I imagine there were many moments like that that kept Neymar in check and happened off camera.

Last edited:

Neymessi

Clear as day he wasn't anywhere close to 100% physically after his return from injury. Didn't have a 'disastrous' WC at all and coutinhio isn't the best brazilian player as said by some geniusses on barcaforum because of a sample size of 5 recent matches.

That being said he could have avoided all that playacting and garnered some respect for himself. Absolute twatism all around.

Lutece FC

Clear as day he wasn't anywhere close to 100% physically after his return from injury. Didn't have a 'disastrous' WC at all and coutinhio isn't the best brazilian player as said by some geniusses on barcaforum because of a sample size of 5 recent matches.

That being said he could have avoided all that playacting and garnered some respect for himself. Absolute twatism all around.
Honest post. People who don't want to see that he was at 60 % during WC ... Still did great things vs Mexico and Serbia.

Home of Barca Fans