Neymar Jr. - v5

Joan

Jair, what are your points about the French league? If you had to put top5 leagues in order, what would that look like?

Last edited:

serghei

In reality, you want the French league to be bad, so you repeat it over and over again until you believe it against all reasonable logic.

They are making it very easy to ridicule it. Big no1 vs no2 derby ending 7-1 with no1 missing their best 2 players?

French league is not bad. It's the 5th in Europe. What's wrong with that?

Nothing. It's just that Neymar wants to be the best player in the world by playing in the 5th best league. Which is stupid unless he does incredible in CL.

Jair Ventura

Jair, what are your points about the French league? If you had to put top5 leagues in order, what would that look like?

I think my points have been clear. Ligue 1 is a good competition.

1. Spain
2. England
3a. Italy
3b. France
5. Germany

Before you start, no, I do not believe Napoli, Roma, and Lazio are stronger than Lyon, Monaco, and Marseille. On top of this, France has better academies, finances, and stadiums.

For me, what separates Serie A from Ligue 1 is Juventus being stronger than PSG. If PSG can start performing better in Europe, however, I think France can become stronger than Italy.

Jair Ventura

They are making it very easy to ridicule it. Big no1 vs no2 derby ending 7-1 with no1 missing their best 2 players?

- The 4th placed team in France is in the Europa league final against the 2nd placed team in Spain.

- That 2nd placed team that lost 7-1 has been one of the most successful clubs in Europe over the last few seasons.

There’s nothing to ridicule but your ignorance.

Nothing. It's just that Neymar wants to be the best player in the world by playing in the 5th best league. Which is stupid unless he does incredible in CL.

Zlatan was voted the 4th best player in the world while playing in a much weaker Ligue 1. He wasn’t as good as Neymar is.

serghei

- The 4th placed team in France is in the Europa league final against the 2nd placed team in Spain.

- That 2nd placed team that lost 7-1 has been one of the most successful clubs in Europe over the last few seasons.

There’s nothing to ridicule but your ignorance.

Zlatan was voted the 4th best player in the world while playing in a much weaker Ligue 1. He wasn’t as good as Neymar is.

No, no. You have your past tenses wrong. Has been means action that started in the past and is continuing in the present (past perfect continuous). Was is the right past tense to use here, because Monaco is not very good team anymore. They were a very good team in 2016-17 until the best players got sold.

It's not unusual for teams outside the 4th best leagues to have very good results in Europa League. List of finalists in the last decade includes Ajax, Shakhtar, Dnipro, Zenit, Braga, and now Marseille.

Last edited:

Jair Ventura

No, no. You have your past tenses wrong. Has been means action that started in the past and is continuing in the present (past perfect). Was is the right past tense to use here, because Monaco is not very good team anymore.

They’re 3rd in France and likely to qualify for next years group stages. They attract world class talents every summer, and will continue to do so going forward. Just as they did after selling Martial, Kondogbia, Carrasco, Abdennour, and Kurzawa after eliminating Arsenal four years ago. Just because you don’t understand their project doesn’t make them weak.

JamDav1982

They’re 3rd in France and likely to qualify for next years group stages. They attract world class talents every summer, and will continue to do so going forward. Just as they did after selling Martial, Kondogbia, Carrasco, Abdennour, and Kurzawa after eliminating Arsenal four years ago. Just because you don’t understand their project doesn’t make them weak.

You keep throwing this 'world class' tag in desperation to any player in France you can.

Who are these 'world class' talents that Monaco have been signing?

serghei

Sure, this is their project. 3-4 years of building talent. 1 season of peak football, then sellout. Repeat cycle. In 2-3 years if they will get these talents as you say deliver I'll call them a very good team. Until then, they are not a very good team. Very good teams don't end up last place in easy CL groups.

Joan

No, no. You have your past tenses wrong. Has been means action that started in the past and is continuing in the present (past perfect continuous). Was is the right past tense to use here, because Monaco is not very good team anymore. They were a very good team in 2016-17 until the best players got sold.
:lol:

I had this same discussion with Jair when he claimed Ligue 1 was competitive this season since Monaco had won the title last season.

Joan

I think my points have been clear. Ligue 1 is a good competition.

'Good' is a relative description. It doesn't say much. Depends on the parameters you use.

1. Spain
2. England
3a. Italy
3b. France
5. Germany

Before you start, no, I do not believe Napoli, Roma, and Lazio are stronger than Lyon, Monaco, and Marseille. On top of this, France has better academies, finances, and stadiums.

For me, what separates Serie A from Ligue 1 is Juventus being stronger than PSG. If PSG can start performing better in Europe, however, I think France can become stronger than Italy.

That's what you think and I respect that.

But the fact is that UEFA doesn't agree. On top of that, every other league has at least one club which is competitive in Europe (CL).

Bayern is in the semies every year.
Juve reached the final twice in last 3 years.
Real might win it third time in a row.
Lpool is in the final etc.

Jair Ventura

Sure, this is their project. 3-4 years of building talent. 1 season of peak football, then sellout. Repeat cycle. In 2-3 years if they will get these talents as you say deliver I'll call them a very good team. Until then, they are not a very good team. Very good teams don't end up last place in easy CL groups.

They’re a stronger club, and have been more successful, than Roma or Hoffenheim. Those are the 3rd placed teams in Italy & Germany currently.

As I’ve said before, you should watch more football before speaking out of ignorance.

Jair Ventura

'Good' is a relative description. It doesn't say much. Depends on the parameters you use.

That's what you think and I respect that.

But the fact is that UEFA doesn't agree. On top of that, every other league has at least one club which is competitive in Europe (CL).

Bayern is in the semies every year.
Juve reached the final twice in last 3 years.
Real might win it third time in a row.
Lpool is in the final etc.

UEFA coefficients are calculated over 5 year intervals. The Ligue 1 of 5 years ago is not the Ligue 1 of today. Their outperforming Germany in European competitions over the last two seasons should be evidence of that.

Some of you truly dig your heads in the sand to avoid crediting a league you don’t even watch. It is very strange.

Home of Barca Fans