Neymar Jr. - v5

It's not so much about what will probably happen but rather what Neymar himself believes. He might figure he has little chance at winning Balon d'Or at PSG, but maybe that is even more than the chance he thinks he has at Barca.

Also, he doesn't need to play better than Messi at PSG to win the balon. If PSG wins CL he will win it, period.
At Barca, he can win CL and be CL topscorer but it will still go to Messi.

That seems fair no? Unlimited financial resources gives a club a huge strength.

Exactly this.

I also understand Barcelona's fans. Not because he may accept an offer that would net him ++$100million more in another place. People saying otherwise are just being prisoners of the moment. Now, barça fans have all the right in the world to hate him for this circus. You can't tell them otherwise. Probably it was not his fault but it falls on his shoulder. If the info was not leaked to that Brazilian Reporter he'd be ok right now.

Albo

He's the best international player in the world, without Messi.

To be fair national football is much worse than club football atm. Also currently Brazil is incredibly fluid team but what happens when shit hits the fan, another 7-1? I have watched a lot of Brazil's games recently and Neymar doesn't stand out really that much from other players in the team. The whole team looks like last season Monaco where everybody has his role and they do it well.

Raketa10

This attitude should stop though. We should welcome all football fans alike.

Remember: mes que un club.

You are right. I am out of this thread until Neymar makes up his mind and I hope he'll do that in next few days. For me it's just pathetic what football has become. We are talking more and more about individuals and less and less about teams.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

To be fair national football is much worse than club football atm. Also currently Brazil is incredibly fluid team but what happens when shit hits the fan, another 7-1? I have watched a lot of Brazil's games recently and Neymar doesn't stand out really that much from other players in the team. The whole team looks like last season Monaco where everybody has his role and they do it well.

Neymar does stand out for Brazil. He is their best player and is producing for them every game.

Some others like Coutinho have been great as well but Neymar has been brilliant for them recently and even before that has clearly been their best player for years.

Jair Ventura

The 7-1 happened without Neymar and without Silva, but I disagree about Neymar. He's the one constant, our best goal scorer and creator.

Albo

Neymar does stand out for Brazil. He is their best player and is producing for them every game.

Some others like Coutinho have been great as well but Neymar has been brilliant for them recently and even before that has clearly been their best player for years.

Yes, of course he is their best player but when you look at the games it's not only Neymar running the show. Atm Brazil just plays incredibly well and while Ney is their best player he is not really carrying that team like Messi is carrying Barcelona.

Jair Ventura

Yes, of course he is their best player but when you look at the games it's not only Neymar running the show. Atm Brazil just plays incredibly well and while Ney is their best player he is not really carrying that team like Messi is carrying Barcelona.

Neymar doesn't have an MSN or an Iniesta.

JamDav1982

Messi is not the only player running the show for Barca either though. Folk go too far with this idea Messi does everything himself. He is the best player but Barca rely heavily on other players as well.

Neymar as far as I have seen is best player in intl football recently.

Neymar IS running the show. Can't compare him with anyone else. In fact, Neymar was already running the show 4 years ago at the age of 21. He's the only crack in the team, which is not normal for our NT and he still does well. Usually talents like him are welcomed in a NT full of Craques, he found none. He was forced to single-handily lead the team since a very young age, which probably never happened in the history of Brazil NT.

You can say whatever you want about him not being good for Barça, but he's the only reason we have won titles and are in position to win the WC next year.

Coutinho is a "only" a 'very good player', can't touch Neymar's talent.

Home of Barca Fans