Munir El Haddadi

catalonarca

Am I the only one who thinks Munir played a decent game game against Napoli?
almost all my friends and the people in the chat are saying he played poor, but we shouldn't forget he is just 19 and he needs the time to adapt to level of the first team.
Last week almost everyone said adama is bad he won't make it to the first team, because he didn't play well against Nice.
I think we should temper our expectations right?

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
He's 18. And he's had great positioning to make the chances. One was a bad miss but the other was a great save from Cabral.

Munir won the penalty against Nice and would have had a goal if Deulo would pass.

DinhoR10

He's been great, i'd also like to say the team has hardly been giving him a mountain of chances to put away, the rafinha one was the first decent one he got i believe

Alarcón

He was good but his conversion rate has been awful this pre-season. Could have buried a few goals today again. If it had been Suárez at the end of those chances we would have won 3-0 at least.

BarcaJack

His overall reaction after the first touch should be improved before he's promoted to the 1st team. For this pre-season he's playing like he's still in Barca B and it's a valuable lesson that he knows it's not enough.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
His overall reaction after the first touch should be improved before he's promoted to the 1st team. For this pre-season he's playing like he's still in Barca B and it's a valuable lesson that he knows it's not enough.

Let's not forget that he's basically fresh from the Juvenil A. He hasn't had a full season in Barca B yet, and despite that he did well.

Zangash

Banned
He was good but his conversion rate has been awful this pre-season. Could have buried a few goals today again. If it had been Suárez at the end of those chances we would have won 3-0 at least.

And if it'd been Messi supplying him the passes it'd have been 5-0 at least. I never understood why people say stupid shit like this. Obviously the best 9 in the world would have a better conversion rate than an 18 year old preparing to start his first season with the B team.

Anyways, his main problem seems to be that he gets nervous when he gets one on one with the keeper. I've seen him score harder chances with Juvenil A, and yeah, he's playing against other teenagers there, but four 19 year olds and their keeper have still got to be tougher than a single goalkeeper making a blind guess at where the ball is going. He needs time with the B team to improve a bit. We shouldn't need to rush him to be the striker we need anyways now that we've got Suarez anyways. He's still going to be something special, imo.

Tonykross

And if it'd been Messi supplying him the passes it'd have been 5-0 at least. I never understood why people say stupid shit like this. Obviously the best 9 in the world would have a better conversion rate than an 18 year old preparing to start his first season with the B team.

Anyways, his main problem seems to be that he gets nervous when he gets one on one with the keeper. I've seen him score harder chances with Juvenil A, and yeah, he's playing against other teenagers there, but four 19 year olds and their keeper have still got to be tougher than a single goalkeeper making a blind guess at where the ball is going. He needs time with the B team to improve a bit. We shouldn't need to rush him to be the striker we need anyways now that we've got Suarez anyways. He's still going to be something special, imo.

Did anyone remember a certain Rochina who did so well coming through La Masia but didn't make it ? Munir has the same profile as him. we should just leave these young players to develop and stop the hype. Munir, Dongou, and Sandro were all born in 1995, all what I see is potential, they might make it or they might not.

L

linetty

Napoli's goalkeeper reacted perfectly in both situations so it was kind of hard to convert it... He got into those positions quite easily and that's what we should be talking about. Great positioning and timing his runs into the box almost perfectly, golazos will come.

Home of Barca Fans