Most Overrated Player In Recent Memory

Total-Football

# 2

https%3A%2F%2Feverythingbarca.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2018%2F08%2F1321123479-850x560.jpeg

Overrated because that fool Pep Guardiola hypes this Catalan Marc Barta up like he is prime Vidic.

r726639_1296x864_3-2.jpg

The Marc Andre Ter Stegen of midfielders

Do u remember when the other dud shigriensky left (pep signing) ? When he was shipped pep kept talking about him as if he was the next Barisi

Zidane82

Any list of overrated players has to be heavy with Brasilian & English players

Adriano, Robinho, El Shaarawy, Hulk, Balotelli, Oscar...and a litany of English players too numerous to list (Start with Jack Wilshere)

Jack Wilshere was not overrated at all - he was an absolutely fabulous talent .. sadly he was not up to the rigours of the fast and furious PL . Career ruined by injuries.

FCBfan22

1. Most of the CB's that Manchester United bought in recent times.

2. Morata. Has no business starting for Spain. His performances are tragi-comic at times. I'll never forget the offside hat trick against us.

3. Pogba. One way player (no defense), despite being hailed as a b2b midfielder. Does much less than expected and needs 2 hard working midfielders next to him to be great.

4. Sane. Instead of building his career on a great start, he just seems to get worse and worse. And yeah, as someone wrote here before... Worse than Dembele. He had a chance to play under a proven WC coach. Worked for a while and then he fucked it and has been sinking lower and lower since.

FinBarcelonafan

1. Most of the CB's that Manchester United bought in recent times.

2. Morata. Has no business starting for Spain. His performances are tragi-comic at times. I'll never forget the offside hat trick against us.

3. Pogba. One way player (no defense), despite being hailed as a b2b midfielder. Does much less than expected and needs 2 hard working midfielders next to him to be great.

4. Sane. Instead of building his career on a great start, he just seems to get worse and worse. And yeah, as someone wrote here before... Worse than Dembele. He had a chance to play under a proven WC coach. Worked for a while and then he fucked it and has been sinking lower and lower since.

These are good examples

Morata became famous after he scored few goals in CL vs Real I think. It's bad to make judgements based on few games. That's why very often players become overvalued after Euro/World Cup. (Mina great example). Few game sample is not big enough sample.

Morata was never great. Good to ok level on consistent level.

So I agree on Morata.

Sane lost his spark with the injury. He doesn't look as explosive as he used to. Also, if Pep wants to get rid of you, there must be some issues.

I agree on Pogba. He never raised to level he was hyped up to be.. in terms of marketing he was there with Suarez/Messi/Neymar/Ronaldo but not on playing level. He has good hype machine behind him.

Again, he did win with France World Cup but in terms of consistency he is not there. He is a tournament player. He can focus for five games.

Agree on United CBs. Lindelof is not starting level for United and Maguire overvalued. He ain't no Dijk or Dias.

Zidane82

These are good examples

Morata became famous after he scored few goals in CL vs Real I think. It's bad to make judgements based on few games. That's why very often players become overvalued after Euro/World Cup. (Mina great example). Few game sample is not big enough sample.

Morata was never great. Good to ok level on consistent level.

So I agree on Morata.

Sane lost his spark with the injury. He doesn't look as explosive as he used to. Also, if Pep wants to get rid of you, there must be some issues.

I agree on Pogba. He never raised to level he was hyped up to be.. in terms of marketing he was there with Suarez/Messi/Neymar/Ronaldo but not on playing level. He has good hype machine behind him.

Again, he did win with France World Cup but in terms of consistency he is not there. He is a tournament player. He can focus for five games.

Agree on United CBs. Lindelof is not starting level for United and Maguire overvalued. He ain't no Dijk or Dias.

Pep has apparently been trying to get Roberto off us so maybe his judgement his somewhat flawed

Zebulun

Haaland: His numbers are ok but everytime i watch his games i get frustrated, from watching Henry, Eto,Villa,rooney, torres,aguero when they were young had way more in their locker than haaland has now. not saying he cant get there but people keep calling him world class which he is not.

Morten

Haaland: His numbers are ok but everytime i watch his games i get frustrated, from watching Henry, Eto,Villa,rooney, torres,aguero when they were young had way more in their locker than haaland has now. not saying he cant get there but people keep calling him world class which he is not.

If you score above 40 goals as a striker on the highest level, you are by definition world class.

You can be overrated and still be quality though.

I will say that Haaland is a striker who rarely gets involved in the play, less touches than most strikers actually, so there is that.

Home of Barca Fans