Miralem Pjanic

fergus90

Yeah he’s been frozen out and under used. I think speaking about his lack of minutes hampered his cause. When he started games he did fine I thought. Granted he’s lost a yard or two but he definitely can spray the ball about still.

mc_lovin

Yeah he?s been frozen out and under used. I think speaking about his lack of minutes hampered his cause. When he started games he did fine I thought. Granted he?s lost a yard or two but he definitely can spray the ball about still.

I have never seen players run past someone like they did vs Pjanic in the minutes he played for us. As if he wasnt there. I cant imagine he was like this for Juventus in his last year. Maybe Covid related?

Either way, strong rumors he leaves (especially if Koeman stays).

fergus90

I have never seen players run past someone like they did vs Pjanic in the minutes he played for us. As if he wasnt there. I cant imagine he was like this for Juventus in his last year. Maybe Covid related?

Either way, strong rumors he leaves (especially if Koeman stays).

Yeah, when he started the game and got on the ball I thought he did alright. But you're right in the fact he was an absolute traffic cone when it comes to the defensive side of things. He could have had more minutes purely to rest legs from my point of view and nothing more than that.

I'd definitely sell him though, and we got to bring in a midfielder because FDJ-Pedri-Busi doesn't cut it right now with just Ilaix as a back up.

Bobo32

Yeah he’s been frozen out and under used. I think speaking about his lack of minutes hampered his cause. When he started games he did fine I thought. Granted he’s lost a yard or two but he definitely can spray the ball about still.

He is shit but still got too little playing time.
I was against him coming from the start, and he never played well for Barcelona, spraying the ball uncontrollably was exactly what he did, while at the same time being defensively and positionally poor.
Now we have a situation where he didn't play for a month, while Pedri, Ilaix and even De Jong didn't really play very well either, and the team were up many goals in some games, other games just in need of a change.
A good manager finds ways to use all his players, even if he doesn't like them.

I will add once more though that he got to play a lot after moaning in the press, if it had to do with that it must've been "the straw that broke..." rather than Koeman being very uncompromising.

Andresito

Staff member
Now reports about a possible swap deal between him and Jorginho. Lots of crappy swap rumours these days.

Bobo32

Now reports about a possible swap deal between him and Jorginho. Lots of crappy swap rumours these days.

It's not that unusual, Pjanic himself arrived in a swap yes. There was much talk about more swap deals since covid, and with Barcelonas squad it makes much sense.

Jorginho - Pjanic is a bit too similar in style for me to understand it, would have to be something personal then I think... But Barcelona would be very happy no doubt...

Andresito

Staff member
I don't see why Chelsea would do that tbh. Jorginho has been great for them.

Yeah its MD reporting it. Jorginho's been a regular. Don't understand how they'd be interested in an older player who's barely played for a year.

Andresito

Staff member
It's not that unusual, Pjanic himself arrived in a swap yes. There was much talk about more swap deals since covid, and with Barcelonas squad it makes much sense.

Jorginho - Pjanic is a bit too similar in style for me to understand it, would have to be something personal then I think... But Barcelona would be very happy no doubt...

A swap deal purely based on economic reasons. That swap would've never been made had the clubs not needed to cook the books. Arthur and Pjanic have provided literally 0 to their respective teams. 0 impact.

FinBarcelonafan

Yeah its MD reporting it. Jorginho's been a regular. Don't understand how they'd be interested in an older player who's barely played for a year.

This would be incredible deal. I assume they are trying to build up some hype with newspaper propaganda. No way Chelsea does it.

iniestaGOAT

Yeah he?s been frozen out and under used. I think speaking about his lack of minutes hampered his cause. When he started games he did fine I thought. Granted he?s lost a yard or two but he definitely can spray the ball about still.

Him being frozen out is more understandable. Older player in what started out as a rebuilding season. Never really performed.

No way chelsea taking this bum

Home of Barca Fans