Mikel Arteta

Hamzah

High Definition Member
It is cheating though if you think about it. Just because they cannot make a player with technical ability they try and take people with double nationality.

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
It is cheating though if you think about it. Just because they cannot make a player with technical ability they try and take people with double nationality.

Double nationality rule does not apply anymore, unless you actually have parents from two different countries within the EU or third States.

You're either British or Spanish.

Unless of course you have a strong relationship with the other State, which might be it in Arteta's case. Though having two nationalities these days is rather useless within the EU.

Last edited:
K

King_Puyol

So should spain give back the euro trophy because of Senna? It's not cheating imo if he considers himself english then it's no problem with me.

ranjix

Jefecito
Does he possess English citizenship? Can he play for England coz he already played in Spain U-21?

ranjix

Jefecito
ohh!!! Then he can play for England coz he haven't played for Spain. He must have english citizenship too. Right???

Robbie

Everyone is talking about Van Persie, but without a doubt our best player has been Arteta. Consistently keeps our passing game flowing, shifts in and out of gaps we leave open and covers every inch of grass week in week out. Without him we would be bottom of the league. It's like this season he has a point to prove to the world, and with big matches like the CL at the San Siro coming up, Del Bosque will notice.

zanela

Well, I asked you Arsenal fans in the PL thread about Arteta's performances and what you've made of him till your Chelsea game. As i remember Ramsey doing better in that one. So he your best player thus far? I've not been overly impressed though. But then it's only of limited viewing.

Robbie

Mata = attacking midfielder

Silva = attacking midfielder

Cesc = attacking midfielder/false striker

Arteta = deep lying CM who can play as DM. Wilshere's position for us last season, and Busquets' position for Barca

He would be like Senna and Busquets have been for Spain. Shield the ball, spread play, pass sideways and back to keeper and never get dispossessed.

Manuel Traquete

Del Bosque will notice.

Iniesta>Xavi>Busquets>Fabregas>Silva>Alonso>Mata>Thiago>Javi Martinez>Navas>Cazorla>someone I might be forgetting atm>Arteta

So basically, Del Bosque might be a bit too busy to notice. At least one if not both of Silva and Fabregas won't make the starting lineup, Arteta doesn't have a chance in hell. He probably won't even make the 23-men squad. There are too many Spanish midfielders better than him.

Robbie

He never had a chance to prove himself, and didn't leave Everton early enough. Like Wenger said, a player's career has a lot to do with how famous a club he is at. If Cesc had gone to Everton, he would still be there watching the ball sail over his head as defender hoofs it up to the striker. The match at AC Milan will be the making of him

Manuel Traquete

He never had a chance to prove himself, and didn't leave Everton early enough. Like Wenger said, a player's career has a lot to do with how famous a club he is at. If Cesc had gone to Everton, he would still be there watching the ball sail over his head as defender hoofs it up to the striker. The match at AC Milan will be the making of him

Even Cesc, who is undoubtedly world class, will probably not start for Spain. So what chances does someone like Arteta have? If he was English, he'd have a good chance.

But Spain are in a golden generation especially when it comes to midfielders, I'm not even sure Arteta is among the top Spanish midfielders at the moment.

Home of Barca Fans