Mesut Ozil

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
Considering those facts, yes, he was good. So was Marquez, considering his injury etc. But the only thing that matters, especially in big games, is how good they actually are, regardless of all the 'excuses' (for lack of a better word). I'm not saying he's not good, just that he wasn't as good as Pique or Puyol last season. I hope I'm wrong and you are right :) Was there also talk about Abidal playing CB?

well he has had a full pre-season so lets hope..
also, your never going to get a back up whos as good as your first choice, thats why they are your first choice.

i seriously hope it doesnt come to Abidal playing CB.

IbraFTW

Bazinga!
I found it in "Interview with Guardiloa" thread.
Guardiola: "Abidal can play as centre-back, that's why we preferred to sign Adriano. Besides, we also have some stars coming."
But all this is completely off topic, sorry :)

Hydro2oo9

Agreed 100%,I cant see him fitting here,its not about signing good players,its the same problem of fitting in our formation and our style.

The way he plays has always came to my attention. I think he would fit in at Barcelona.

Hleb was crap before he came in and I was always 100% against the signing as he was never all that good anyway and was 27 at the time. Ozil has age on his side and has been quality for the past year, he can improve and will improve in a side like Barcelona. He's a top player and would be a good option.

Ozil for 10 to 15 million is a bargain, if it happens of course. I'd rather the club spend that then a ridiculous price like 50 million plus on Cesc. if Cesc was bought this summer, Barcelona would be just turning into Real Madrid number 2 and there is noway I want that. So due to this, I'd actually be more happier with the deal for Ozil. He would offer well needed strength in depth and at the same time, still has time for alot of improvement.

Last edited:

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
The way he plays has always came to my attention. I think he would fit in at Barcelona.

Hleb was crap before he came in and I was always 100% against the signing as he was never all that good anyway and was 27 at the time. Ozil has age on his side and has been quality for the past year, he can improve and will improve in a side like Barcelona. He's a top player and would be a good option.

Ozil for 10 to 15 million is a bargain, if it happens of course. I'd rather the club spend that then a ridiculous price like 50 million plus on Cesc. if Cesc was bought this summer, Barcelona would be just turning into Real Madrid number 2 and there is noway I want that. So due to this, I'd actually be more happier with the deal for Ozil. He would offer well needed strength in depth and at the same time, still has time for alot of improvement.

the purchase of Fabregas does not make us Real madrid, as many see him as the Replaceement for XAVI, can you see Ozil playing that role? not in a million years. Cesc IMO will be a very important signing.

Barcafan 2304

Yep, 10 to 15 for a this player is a real good deal. Werder have poured cold water on suggestions that a deal with Barca was already in place but they have said they expect something to happen this week

IbraFTW

Bazinga!
I just remembered someone telling me there's a 'secret deal' between RM and Werder for Ozil. Something like he's staying in Werder for another year and then he's going to RM. Anyone else heard that?

Barcafan 2304

I just remembered someone telling me there's a 'secret deal' between RM and Werder for Ozil. Something like he's staying in Werder for another year and then he's going to RM. Anyone else heard that?

There were rumours RM were interested but dont think its gone as far as that although, I guess you never really know what goes on behind closed doors

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
From Ozil`s side , his part of sources denying anything with Barcelona at this moment. Pretty scary thing going on.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
If he comes for less than 12 millions and he's not going to whine if he gets benched then he's welcome... Then we could use another 8 to 10 million to sign a experienced DM and we're set!

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor

That doesn't really make any sense considering Ozil is out of contract in a year anyway, if RM are signing him in a year then why would they need an agreement with Werder?

IbraFTW

Bazinga!
That doesn't really make any sense considering Ozil is out of contract in a year anyway, if RM are signing him in a year then why would they need an agreement with Werder?
Everyone's bashing me :( Bojan, do you now see why I like to stay in Ibra thread? :lol:

gvt2000

10 million euros for this player would be a steal. He's 21, with a lot of projection and with a great world cup as reference. We need a bigger squad, players that allow pep to move the pieces around instead of playing with the same 12-13 players all season.

Last edited:

Hydro2oo9

One signing would be good enough. Ozil/Jonathan Dos Santos/Thiago Alcantara could offer back-up to Iniesta/Xavi and Jonathan Dos Santos/Keita could fill in, in the defensive midfield spot for Busquets.

I'd say a signing definitely needs making though and Ozil would be spot on if he can be bought for that price.

If Senna was bought aswell as Ozil, then that would be even better, but one signing wouldn't be the end of the world. Infact I'd rather see Ozil come in and a defender or Senna and a defender. But I also thinking keeping Caceres and using him would be a good option as he isn't too bad.

Sell Hleb, loan out Victor Sanchez. Keep Caceres and bring in Ozil for 10-15 million and Senna, who would probably cost a couple of million and the team would look very strong indeed.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans