Mesut Ozil

Kerrybai

2 in la liga and one in the CL.. the goal of CR

Do you mean the first goal of CR? In that case it's not technically an assist as the header made contact with an opposition defender before it reached CR.

It's a good example of how misleading assist stats can be.

Gohan

Super Saiyan
Isco has turned out to be a Gem scoring wise. Assisting not so much.

No one picks out the passes like Ozil, not even Isco. Isco not creating chances is being overlooked by his scoring abilities.

pEllee

Ozil is definitely more of a creator than Isco currently, that's not what's being argued, and obviously Ozil can score and dictate tempo sometimes, but to a far less consistent degree. The point is that considering Isco has all those additional abilities and is only 21, so I believe he's the better long term fit for Madrid. Ozil is young too, so he'll develop his game and become more consistent. Both are class players, that is agreeable.

Right, whether or not Isco will turn out a better player in the future remains to be seen. Right now, I believe Özil is better. Which was my whole point from the beginning.

Now, I know I started it, but can we end this Özil vs Isco discussion please? :)

Last edited:

Ghost

Man, the anti-Mesut propaganda coming from Real Madrid has been quite effective.
It's really disgusting.

With that said, Iniesta is starting to get the same treatment from some Barca fans even though it's unlikely that he will actually leave. So I can't really pretend that we're angels.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
It's really disgusting.

With that said, Iniesta is starting to get the same treatment from some Barca fans even though it's unlikely that he will actually leave. So I can't really pretend that we're angels.
From the fans? I don't think so, just the stupid president I'd say

Robbie

I don't care what Madrid fans say about Ozil. I can't say anything bad about a club that gave us OZIL. I still can't believe it :lol:

Thanks madrid. Say whatever you want to make yourselves feel better about it, it's ok

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I don't care what Madrid fans say about Ozil. I can't say anything bad about a club that gave us OZIL. I still can't believe it :lol:

Thanks madrid. Say whatever you want to make yourselves feel better about it, it's ok
I would advice you to not get your feelings so high man... You still have Wenger, Ozil could be sold any time!!

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
If you are in Madrid you better expect competition and a lot of it. Ozil didn't want the competition and he left, so it makes sense. There is little to argue. Isco's brilliant performances or his excellent takes nothing away from Ozil or vice versa. We know who we sold and that is why Arsenal paid 50 million for him, and why he instantly performed.

Zincubus

Banned
We made a big mistake rejecting Ozil when he wanted to come to us and at a ridiculous price of about €10 million or so !!

I'd love to have him here in couple of years .

Henry_IB

Banned
Why's that? Barça won plenty without Ozil.

We've won plenty with Pique, doesn't mean we don't desperately need to add a world class CB. And because we won plenty without Özil, doesn't mean we wouldn't have won more with him. Your argument is just so dull.

Home of Barca Fans