Memphis Depay

JamDav1982

Hopefully only at Barca for one season.

Likes of Dembele is light years ahead of him and what team needs despite not being great.

FinBarcelonafan

After good start he has lost his way.

I still think he could have been good side guy but it seems like being the main guy for Barca is too much for him.

serghei

Not good enough mate. Some superb tricks aren't gonna cut it if you don't bring up the goods in ways that matter.

ajnotkeith

I didn't rate Depay particularly highly but I kind of got sucked in by his good start like many on here and thought he'd be a bit better. Credit to Bobo for seeing it coming.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I didn't rate Depay particularly highly but I kind of got sucked in by his good start like many on here and thought he'd be a bit better. Credit to Bobo for seeing it coming.

Nah his goalless run in open play is bound to end, and after that he will score more frequently. Still creates clear-cut chances in every game and by far better than the likes of Coutinho. I am positive that Ansu and Dembele should be starting attackers, not sure about the third. Probably Aguero if he starts scoring

JamDav1982

He doesnt even look like scoring at moment.

His game is a whole heap of shit decisions and 1/2 chances created a game. More if count his set pieces to be fair.

Bobo32

Thanks for the credit!
Yes he will probably start to score a bit more though, he is bound to.
As Sid Lowe has said a lot; one of Depays strengths is that he doesn't give a fuck. Today he actually was punching the turf after the missed pen, and last game he actually ran backwards for a bit after the terrible turnover that lead to the goal, but usually he just squints blankly and tries yet another time when the ball arrives. He has that in common with C.Ronaldo.

ajnotkeith

What concern me the most like Jamdav said is he doesn't even look like he'll score any time soon. Sometimes with strikers they do everything right and their movement is great, they beat their man every time, but the shots aren't going in. They're getting into the right positions tho and you know next time it'll probably go in, so even if they had some bad misses next time they'll score.

Depay isn't really ever getting into positions for clear cut chance or making runs. His best shot has been getting into the box and trying to engage contact with tricks to get a pen.

fergus90

Wasn?t a fan of the signing but a couple good pre-season games were enough to get me optimistic. In reality I think was just looking for any form of optimism after the Messi situation.

I just don?t really rate him as he has too many frustrating sides to his game. Don?t think he?s good enough but will support him and hope he turns things around as long as he?s a Barca player.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans