Memphis Depay

Jair Ventura

Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal has warned Memphis Depay he risks following in the footsteps of Angel Di Maria and Radamel Falcao if he does not start buying into his philosophy...

"Ryan has already given advice to him but the player is responsible for his own deeds," Van Gaal told reporters. "You have to give respect to your team philosophy.

"We have seen that some players cannot adapt to the team philosophy. You cannot know in advance before you buy them. You have to wait and see. That happened with Angel Di Maria and Falcao."

http://www.espnfc.com/manchester-un...-must-not-follow-angel-di-maria-fate-van-gaal

LVG's philosophy looking to take another victim.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I'd assume Bayern and PSG wouldn't be sad at losing Memphis Depay when they got Costa and Di Maria....

Jair Ventura

I'd assume Bayern and PSG wouldn't be sad at losing Memphis Depay when they got Costa and Di Maria....

True, though I doubt either club would be threatening to ship him out because he struggled 10 games and two months into his transition.

khaled_a_d

LVG is slowly building their team tbh ,I think he is doing quite good job there .can see them winning the league title next season .though if Pep joined City they would continue to be favorites
As for Depay ,he has no one to blame here
Many Manu fans were disappointed by him too.he is showing some few early signs of being a flop tbh

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Is anyone expecting Depay to dominate after he has been in Manchester for two months? The kid is 20 years old and has just changed clubs. People should give him time.
And it is not like he is struggling every game.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Is anyone expecting Depay to dominate after he has been in Manchester for two months? The kid is 20 years old and has just changed clubs. People should give him time.
And it is not like he is struggling every game.

Not dominate, but him struggling to beat his man for example gotta be disappointing, don't you think?

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Not dominate, but him struggling to beat his man for example gotta be disappointing, don't you think?

I have seen him doing that a couple of times. Doing it on a consistent basis to force the opponent to avoid 1on1s against him would be the next step.
For me Depay is a player who is suited for a team that plays on the counter. He will have to adapt to Van Gaal who believes in possession football. But he got plenty of years ahead of him to do that.

Jair Ventura

Seems he's been benched in favor of Martial on the left. May find it difficult to find minutes if Rooney stays in the middle.

Home of Barca Fans