Mehdi Benatia

pEllee

Roma nevertheless wants to keep him, but they are so good at discovering new talent, it's amazing, first Marquinhos, now Benatia, we shouldn't buy Benatia, we should lure their scouts!!!

He was signed from Udinese after a very good season. Roma even paid 13.5 million euros for him...hardly brilliant scouting, is it? The credit should go to Udinese for scouting him.

Alarcón

He was signed from Udinese after a very good season. Roma even paid 13.5 million euros for him...hardly brilliant scouting, is it? The credit should go to Udinese for scouting him.

It's still good scouting when a player is worth twice as much as a few months ago, regardless of how well he performed back then.

Cule4life

The Culest

Still would be a massive upgrade on our "scouts" :pep:

pEllee

It's still good scouting when a player is worth twice as much as a few months ago, regardless of how well he performed back then.

Is it really? He was hardly some unknown player. He was praised a lot by Serie A followers as one of the best defenders in the league. Him being worth twice as much could be because he's performed consistently for a while now, he's at a bigger club and he looks even better now thanks to a much better defensive setup. He's less of a gamble.

I mean, signing a player for free from a ligue 2 side, that's brilliant scouting. That's what Udinese did. Paying over 13 million for one of the best performing defenders in a top league is not in any way brilliant scouting. Just incompetence from Barca if they're suddenly okay with paying 30 million for him.

Still would be a massive upgrade on our "scouts" :pep:

Well, most scouts would. :D

H

Haruko The Goon

Sky Italy: Bayern have been looking at Roma's Mehdi Benatia in the last four games.

lol What a force Bayern are. If they get him and then put him alongside Dante/Badstubber/Boateng. What a force.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Sky Italy: Bayern have been looking at Roma's Mehdi Benatia in the last four games.

lol What a force Bayern are. If they get him and then put him alongside Dante/Badstubber/Boateng. What a force.
WTH how much depth do they want?? I see rumors of them looking at players everywhere

puri

WTH how much depth do they want?? I see rumors of them looking at players everywhere

That's how you stay at the top. You buy 1-2 Worldclass players every season instead of 5-6 goodish ones. They'll buy 1-2 genuine WC palyers in the summer and add 1-2 very young germany talents for the stands. They already got Lewandwski who's only going to get better and a Benatia or another CB and they'll be even harder to beat. Martinez will be moved back into CM together with Schweini, Kroos, Thiago, while Lahm will play in his old FB position again.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
As I also said before, the best thing about Pep's time here was the idea of 'If it isn't broken, fix it'. Constantly trying to improve the squad and not being afraid to say goodbye to some players. In Bayern he has the perfect club for that, not bound by not enough transfer fees, the stature of a world-class club and a guarantee that one will consistently play for the title in Germany.

serghei

As I also said before, the best thing about Pep's time here was the idea of 'If it isn't broken, fix it'. Constantly trying to improve the squad and not being afraid to say goodbye to some players. In Bayern he has the perfect club for that, not bound by not enough transfer fees, the stature of a world-class club and a guarantee that one will consistently play for the title in Germany.

We should learn from that. Reinforcements are what you need to stay competitive and motivated. We brought Neymar and, although he isn't quite what we want yet, still has managed to bring something different to the table. As did Alexis Sanchez, who's with us for 3 years already, but almost seems like a new transfer this season. Keeping things fresh and avoiding complacency are the keys to long-term succes.

I think the match at Espanyol will tell us where we stand in terms of determination this season. Either we go and grab what it is there for the taking, or we bail out and we witness Valladolid part II. Depending on how we end up the season we should do more or less transfers. 2-3 transfers, not counting Ter Stegen are a must either way. Benatia should be one for anything less than 30m.

Home of Barca Fans