Maxwell

BerkeleyBernie

Maxwell was never a liability. That's insulting a decent Barcelona squad player. A liability wouldn't get 41 caps including 19 starts in La Liga under Guardiola last season. After injuries towards the end of last season and with Adriano stepping up AND the new 3-4-3 he barely could find form due to lack of playing time this season, granted. There couldn't be a better third choice leftback than Maxwell though. He would start for any upper-midtable team in the world. Just name one € 3 million leftback (or whatever we'll get for him) we could buy now who would be better than him. 16 year old Grimaldo is not an option because of that one super cool YouTube scene.

Basically agree, and it's best for him to move where he can play regularly. I always saw him as fairly solid and offensively cautious, understood his role was to provide width and wall passes on the left. Most defensive errors on Barça are team errors, a failure of players to adjust their positioning properly, rather than individual sloppy or overly-ambitious play.

Any Barça player going elsewhere is going to be an asset to a team's technical ability. I expect him to do quite well at PSG.

Bilal Khan

Tito > Mou
Thanks Maxy for everything especially for a wonderful 09/10. I still remember he played a game at right back
I guess against Getafe, he was enormous there and linked up wonderfully with Messi.

You will be missed! Good Luck at PSG!

:maxwell:

JackSparrow

Good luck in PSG! I'm sure he will win many trophies there as well.
He was the best 4M LB we could have bought. Great team player!

F

Flavia

Good luck to him, and thanks for all he's done. Great squad player.

P

PhilS

Now Pep should be able to give every player enough playing time, except Fontas. This should keep morale high.

jairzinho

I just remembered this guy exists.

Good luck guy.

c'mon man, he deserves more thanks than that. While i admit he wasn't the most electrifying left back barca has ever had, he was a good team player, understood his role and supported well. He never appeared sulky about playing time and generally had a good attitude and gave his all every time he stepped on the pitch.

Bye Maxwell, goodluck mate.

tumblr_l8ihb6gV4u1qcstkwo1_500.jpg

KhaledBarca

Thank you Maxwell :D GD Luck at PSG.

----------------

Olivier Dacourt (ex-Inter Milan): "Maxwell is without any doubt the kindest person I've ever met in my life." [le parisien]

Andersen22

Thanks for everything Maxwell, good squad/rotation player, not the best but a very nice back up, 89 games, 2 goals.
Bye Maxwell.

Home of Barca Fans