Mavericky Puig

Rory

Would be interesting to see him as the rcm. I know messi doesn't run much so it would probably weaken that side defensively because puig is lightweight, but if Messi could get good attacking balls played in to him maybe he wouldn't have to drop deep so often and could finally have some midfield service. Messi will always drop deep but it's about reducing the frequency he does it.

khaled_a_d

Would be interesting to see him as the rcm. I know messi doesn't run much so it would probably weaken that side defensively because puig is lightweight, but if Messi could get good attacking balls played in to him maybe he wouldn't have to drop deep so often and could finally have some midfield service. Messi will always drop deep but it's about reducing the frequency he does it.

RCM with Messi as RW will be always a disaster. No one can fill that gap rightfully. Raki, FDJ, Vidal were all mediocre trying to do so

vegitot

Actually want team play now without Messi. We may know what will happen if our midfielders get all freedom they need. Puig under Barca B got more freedom to roam.

Andrew M

Actually want team play now without Messi. We may know what will happen if our midfielders get all freedom they need. Puig under Barca B got more freedom to roam.

We are weaker without Messi. I really don't see a convincing argument that says otherwise.

Andrew M

Do you really want Messi play all remain matches? He played full 5 matches till now, most in the team.

Not necessarily all the remaining matches, but you were implying that our midfield needs to be liberated of Messi which is slightly unfair. While I don't like him dropping deep too much, our midfield lacks creativity

Batistuta9

Doesn't make sense to rest Messi while the next couple of games are must win. If we drop points against atletico and Villarreal then it doesn't matter if we do

khaled_a_d

I really like what I see from him.
Still, the argument of his physical ability showed a little bit today, whenever he tried to press or tackle Partey it was worth a laugh tbh. need to get stronger for his own sake. Though when he has the ball he manage to retain it well against stronger players

fergus90

I really like what I see from him.
Still, the argument of his physical ability showed a little bit today, whenever he tried to press or tackle Partey it was worth a laugh tbh. need to get stronger for his own sake. Though when he has the ball he manage to retain it well against stronger players

He picked his pocket a couple times to be fair. Whilst he might not win shoulder to shoulder challenges, his press and tenacity means he can definitely knick the ball from a 50/50.

Vilarrubi

Unreal. Named MOTM too.

Who’d have thought the smallest technical guy could play against the most physical guys Atletico with ease.

Home of Barca Fans