Mavericky Puig

Bobo32

By the way, a quite interesting (but long) read this piece about positionism vs relationism: https://spielverlagerung.com/2024/01/10/protagonists-of-the-game-between-absolutism-and-relativism/
That scottish twitter user Jamie Hamilton is the one who coined the term "relationism", and reading his answers in that piece, it seems he is also very influenced by relativism, psychoanalysis and postmodernism and the likes, talking about dream theory, Deleuze, etc... I am not quite sure if he is earnest to be honest, but it is an interesting current in the football world, this turn away from the style that has become so dominant since Pep.
Pep is of course seen as the king of that style of positionism/juego de posicion, and that stye of play is closely linked to what we call "Barca DNA" as well. We see instantly whether a player is capable of playing in that style, because we followed Barcelona when they destroyed football with it. I believe, though, that players representing that style of play, such as Riqui for example, might thrive even more in a "relationism" type of team (but, also, players like Pedri and Frenkie might play better like that, than in a pretty strict positionism team).

Bobo32

Hopefully the talk of Puig can bring JamDav back. Idk about you guys but I miss his football takes here.
He had no takes though?
He just moaned and called the people who had takes and analyses names in very lazy but emotional posts. He destroyed any possibility of fun and clarification, he was one of the worst posters I have come across on any of the many forums I have been on.

Iniesta Ultra

He had no takes though?
He just moaned and called the people who had takes and analyses names in very lazy but emotional posts. He destroyed any possibility of fun and clarification, he was one of the worst posters I have come across on any of the many forums I have been on.

JamDav was just a diarrhea poster. We'd be having fun if Xavi didn't replace Puig with a retard.

Porque

I became very disinterested in Barcelona recently, started following my local team very closely instead.

I have liked this new guy Fermin on midfield though.
Here is a clip I stumbled upon yesterday, with Marti Perarnau basically agreeing with me regarding Frenkie

Hope to see you stick around. You had a keen eye on Peque Fernandez btw. Banging them in at LaLiga2 right now.

BerkeleyBernie

2 pre-a and 1 a against Vancouver

long pass vision and accuracy are ridiculous, Iniesta level

Yep, saw the game, that through ball was gorgeous. But one of the reasons you don't see that Xavi-esque carpet through ball much anymore in Europe is because the defenses are much more solid. MLS defenses leave laughably huge gaps and a player with Puig's vision will exploit them. Once teams knew what to expect from Pep's Barca, they mostly bunkered down behind the ball so as not to leave themselves vulnerable to Xavi/Iniesta/Busquets/Messi's vision and technique. As a result, Xavi-esque long range defense-splitting through balls effectively died out.

If Puig returns to Europe, to be effective, he's going to have to be able to be creative in tighter spaces (a la De Bruyne and Bernardo Silva, when they are camped outside the opponent's box, trying to find an opening). Puig is capable of it.

Home of Barca Fans