Mavericky Puig

Messi983

It is that time of year when Puig gets told to go on loan and refuses...

Bar?a would be reflecting on Riqui Puig's position within the squad. The canterano would be followed by Juve, Inter, Milan and Napoli, as well as Betis, Getafe, Granada and Arsenal. [SPORT]

There is no way these Italian clubs and Arsenal are interested, Betis probably also not. Getafe and Granada are his level but probably wouldn't even be a starter there.

MTL_Barca

Wonder what his plan is, his contract is only running until 2023. Stay on the bench another year and then...retire? Join a 2nd division team? Pay Barca to extend his contract?

It's a bit weird tbh, it's so clear that he has no chance at Barca but it's seemingly his only focus. Idk how he would do elsewhere but it's not like he isn't a talented football player.

Last edited:

Porque

Remember in the summer when the Catalan press were pushing the narrative that Laporta was asking/forcing Koeman to play Pretty Boy Puig more. That aged well.

Wonder what is plan is, his contract is only running until 2023. Stay on the bench another year and then...retire? Join a 2nd division team? Pay Barca to extend his contract?

It's a bit weird tbh, it's so clear that he has no chance at Barca but it's seemingly his only focus. Idk how he would do elsewhere but it's not like he isn't a talented football player.

I think we can (and should) renew him on the condition that he goes out on loan for a season, or two. He is what, 22, even Casemiro was on loan at Porto at the same age and didn't really look like he would figure into Madrids future plans at that point.

Yeah I know that Casemiro and Puig are physically worlds apart, but it is never too late to loan out a talented player, so to speak.

fergus90

No chance he leaves on loan this month. Maybe in the summer, if he can be convinced as a way to earn an extension beyond 2023.

But to be realistic De Jong, Nico, Pedri, Gavi, Roberto and even Sanz would be selected ahead of him as an interior now.

I don't mind Puig and think he can be useful as an impact sub to change the dynamics of a game but he's not going to magically improve his faults as a footballer by playing 15 minutes every 5/6 games. His current level is below that of three players younger than him fighting for the same position.

Messi983

Wonder what is plan is, his contract is only running until 2023. Stay on the bench another year and then...retire? Join a 2nd division team? Pay Barca to extend his contract?

He'll retire and start playing golf with Bale.

Porque

He'll retire and start playing golf with Bale.

He should consider early retirement and becoming a manager like his Daddy, Marcelino. Become the Spanish Nageslmann, but with a TikTok following and 5 foot thots throwing themselves at him. Live the dream kid ...

Andresito

Staff member
The guy is behind Alvaro Sanz of all people. Take a hint and GTFO, at least for 6 months.

And that's not me wanting to get rid of him, I'm actually very curious to see what he can do at another club.

JamDav1982

Murdered for what exactly? Let the club sell him and renew bums like Bob and Umtiti, this surely would make you, Jamdav, Calcutta, Messi982 happily ever after.

Why would anyone who doesnt rate Puig be happy with Umtiti and Roberto renewing?

The two/three are not remotely linked.

If you want can have a sensible convo on it. At end of day just a difference of opinion on a player.

George_Costanza

Why would anyone who doesnt rate Puig be happy with Umtiti and Roberto renewing?

The two/three are not remotely linked.

The time and the energy you and the people I mentioned devote to Puig's thread tells me they would far ok with Bob, Umtiti, and even the mighty Douglas if Xavi decides to bring him back, but not with Puig, I judge the way I see it. I told you before, your low IQ level can't even distinguish basic relative comparison.

JamDav1982

The time and the energy you and the people I mentioned devote to Puig's thread tells me they would far ok with Bob, Umtiti, and even the mighty Douglas if Xavi decides to bring him back, but not with Puig, I judge the way I see it. I told you before, your low IQ level can't even distinguish basic relative comparison.

As I thought.

Inane point and the last desperate argument for Puig...

'Anyone who doesnt rate Puig is happy with Umtiti and Roberto'.

Shows how little left there is to argue un favour of 'soon to be world class Riqui' who will be a 'Xavi favourite'.

Top stuff.

You thought he would play v Real as well.:lol:

Delusion never ends.

Home of Barca Fans