Matthijs de Ligt

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Hardcore cule rarely means he is ready to sign for us if it isn't best situation for him.

Never mind many clubs might be ready to offer way more money for him than us, considering we have Arthur now

Players still ultimately decide where they want to go. Wages play a role too and Barca love to pay over the top for almost every player they sign lol.

The only competition to Barca IMO would be Man City if they're interested as Fernandinho seem close to finished as a starter. Juventus and Bayern are not putting the money on the table needed for him and Real Madrid I cannot see doing it either as they'll be targeting a winger and a striker.

wisconsincule

Choo choo I’ll hop aboard this train. If we came with enough money could we get him in January? Pique is out of form and we don’t know how long Big Sam is out for so we need some help.

khaled_a_d

Players still ultimately decide where they want to go. Wages play a role too and Barca love to pay over the top for almost every player they sign lol.

The only competition to Barca IMO would be Man City if they're interested as Fernandinho seem close to finished as a starter. Juventus and Bayern are not putting the money on the table needed for him and Real Madrid I cannot see doing it either as they'll be targeting a winger and a striker.

Very few players are really able to decide where they go. Most players in those leagues are underpaid and they are controlled by their club, once a team reach an agreement with them they won't reject their first huge pay raise.
There are plenty of clubs out there ready to pay huge money City, Manu , PSG & RM. Sure we can pay as much as any of those if not more but we have other priorities too (which what the articles states)

Choo choo I’ll hop aboard this train. If we came with enough money could we get him in January? Pique is out of form and we don’t know how long Big Sam is out for so we need some help.

Ajax has gone trophy less for 4 years now, they might try to stick to there young stars as long as possible to at least win the cup or something. They probably have little chance in the league but 2nd place isn't guaranteed so I would suspect they won't sell midseason.

Andresito

Staff member
Ajax could actually survive the group stage of the CL for the first time since 2005. Unless someone bids 100M+ I don't see why Ajax should sell in january.

MessiDinho10

As a Dutchman and Eredivisie follower I have to say that buying De Ligt is a must. Buying De Jong is a good choice, but there are other options available on his position. His versatility an advantage though, can play almost anywhere in the middle.

ini4ever

As a Dutchman and Eredivisie follower I have to say that buying De Ligt is a must. Buying De Jong is a good choice, but there are other options available on his position. His versatility an advantage though, can play almost anywhere in the middle.

Not really.

Donatello

Not really.

First, we already have Alena and Puig to test. And yes, there are other options.

While on the other hand, I don’t see many Pique replacements in market.

I would love to have them both, but if I had to gamble on one, it would be De Ligt.

El Barcelona

First, we already have Alena and Puig to test. And yes, there are other options.

While on the other hand, I don’t see many Pique replacements in market.

I would love to have them both, but if I had to gamble on one, it would be De Ligt.
Exactly! De Ligt is a must and De Jong is a bonus.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He won't come in January. Don't give MD and Sport your clicks.

Ajax are simply not selling de Ligt or de Jong mid-season and neither will force their way out at that time of the season either. Besides with Valverde at the helm he could come in January and be kept on the bench for months and El Profesor's excuse would be: "He need to adapt".

I want him, but I also don't want the club to screw him over, and I also want to be a bit realistic this time.

MTL_Barca

Ajax didn't sell in summer so no way they'll sell now unless someone offers a ridiculous amount of money.

Not a big fan of winter signings anyway, would rather get everything done in early summer. Hopefully with a new manager...

Home of Barca Fans