Matthijs de Ligt

Zidane82

Todibo has impressed me each time I’ve seen him

Before tonights game I watched De Ligt again .... I was so disappointed when we missed out on him but I’m thinking he should have stayed at Ajax another year or two ..

Apart from being caught out of position ( ala Roberto) he’s also got this terrible habit of turning his back to block a shot ..did it three times tonight ... third time they scored .

The second goal was totally his fault.. ball over his head into the space ... boom .. goal .

He’s been to blame for goals in just about every game he’s played for Juve so far

Mmmmm..

vlad

He was supposed to be barca's CB for the next 10 years according to many fans here, next leader bla bla... After 3 matches with juve he is overrated

Hilarious

Lutece FC

He was supposed to be barca's CB for the next 10 years according to many fans here, next leader bla bla... After 3 matches with juve he is overrated

Hilarious

That's the major problem with this forum. Sorry mates.

But here, it's only crack or crap. Zero or hero.

I remember what i read about André Gomes. Not fair judgements. He was average here or bellow in Barca. But he is not a bad player.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
That's the major problem with this forum. Sorry mates.

But here, it's only crack or crap. Zero or hero.

I remember what i read about André Gomes. Not fair judgements. He was average here or bellow in Barca. But he is not a bad player.

Actually I believe you just characterized most fans, period. Extremism is a thing

Marchisio8

Banned

Hilarious

The real hilarious part is people counting friendly matches as a competitive one, he has one game for Juve, other than that I agree with you.

Marchisio8

Banned
His first match for the Dutch team was atrocious and look at his performances since then. Give him some time, he just turned 20.

Wait, so you're telling me we shouldn't judge a player after one game? Dude just got into a completely new team, new coach, new tactics, new country and he is getting labled a failure :lol:

Sailor Mars

He is being criticized way too much by a bunch of bitter fans that are upset he spurned their club. He is only 20 and will improve with experience.

But, he does lack pace over short distances and his first step is slow. Opposing attackers can get just enough separation from him to make a goal happen. He needs to improve in this area or become better in others to mitigate this glaring weakness.

De ligt has a lot of qualities that a modern-day centreback requires, but his lack of speed might keep him from being on of the very best CBs in the game

bastardo

He seems to be more of a barzagli rather than a bonucci. His main strength is reading of the game and positioning which is why his mistakes made in the Napoli kinda baffling because all of them stem from poor positioning.

xavisionary

This thread is everything that is wrong with modern football. Let's dissect the minutiae of a (just) 20-year old CB who had no say in his price after a big money transfer to a different (more difficult) league. "Won't become a top CB after 90 minutes of first team football" what a load of old shit.

Home of Barca Fans