Mats Hummels

Hummels (Dortmund): "I will certainly be at Dortmund next season. There has been no contact with Barça or any other team." [kicker]

That leaves it down to Silva, Marquinhos, and Inigo Martinez.

Silva transfer will likely not materialize due to wage/contract issues along with the enormous fee

Marquinhos could quite possibly happen, but if Roma have no intention of selling and he doesn't want to leave at the time, there isn't much we can do. I would like to see him here in the future though.

Inigo Martinez would be extremely easy to pull off and an extremely smart transfer.

Silva may be expensive, but he's worth it. Martinez has potential would be a good transfer for the future, and getting both would be ideal IMO. However, that's probably not happening. So I'd go for Silva, since we need an immediate solution, and he's just a much safer buy than a 21 year old, even though he'll be a lot more expensive. I mean, would it really be a good idea to get a 21 year old and throw him right into our starting lineup? Because that's what we need, someone to replace Puyol in our starting lineup pretty much immediately. Puyol would be a good 3rd choice CB, but we can't rely on him as the starter any more due to his age and injury-proneness (yes, Silva isn't the youngest, but he's 28 not 35). Basically, we need someone who's proven and world class right now, not someone who will be world class a few years down the line.

Has Inigo ever said anything at all about Barca? Does he like the club? I thought he wanted to stay so he could play in Europa League next season.

Speaking of that, hasn't Silva stated he's a Barca fan? Could help us get him.

Last edited:

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Edit: just found out that Martinez will have one year left on his contract next year. I think getting Silva now and Martinez next year (if he doesn't renew before then or leave Sociedad in this window) would be the way to go.
"The home-grown talent renewed his contract until 2017 just three months ago, with a €30 million buy-out clause."

"The home-grown talent renewed his contract until 2017 just three months ago, with a €30 million buy-out clause."

Guess Transfermarkt sucks then :lol:

I still think getting Silva this season and then a young prospect next year would be the way to go. Unless we can get them both this year, in which case I say go for it, but that's unlikely to happen.

Last edited:

PaulFCB

Banned
Speaking of that, hasn't Silva stated he's a Barca fan? Could help us get him.

Do you really think it's something decisive?
attachment.php

But again, there are probably many Barca fans playing for Real Madrid and lactaticos fans with Barca contracts, as long as they ended up there, what's there to do?
Of course, you don't have to be complete idiot like Balotelli to do what he did back at Inter, but you might be caught offside if you did things in your past :lol:

FC+Barcelona+Modric+fichaje+del+madrid+es+cule.jpg

PaulFCB

Banned
Yeah, Iniesta was a rma fan when he came to Barca aged 12.
Probably he moved to Barcelona because his parents moved there from Albacete or something like that, so he had no choice, he's a forced cule, he must suffer deep inside when destroying his favorite team so often :VdB:.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Honestly I love Dani Alves and I personally haven't had many gripes with him this season. I think he was one of our better players against PSG and Bayern and I'm not sure why he has gotten so much criticism recently, he has always left space in behind him we just used to deal with it better.

I'd hate to see him leave but 28-30 plus Dani for Silva wouldn't be a bad move at all. I know the knee jerk replacement would be Montoya but I think he needs one more year to develop before he is a lock in the starting xi. I would rather see Adriano take that spot, he's earned it and when he is healthy, he has quietly been very effective at what he does despite almost always playing out of position (CB? Really? :tito:)

A backline of Adriano-Silva-Piqué-Alba wouldn't be bad at all as Adriano is a little more conservative than Dani.

Don't give up on Hummels yet tho, I think we haven't had any contact with Dortmund yet bc we don't want to do what Bayern did with the Götze transfer out of respect to their campaign which is classy. Don't be surprised if the rumors ramp up more after the final. I'm sure his tune would change if we started showing serious interest.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Fixed it for you. :)

Lol what's your beef with Adriano? I like Montoya a lot and if this happened, they would probably split the starting spot pretty evenly. Idk, I'd like Montoya to develop his attacking side a little more for another year. He is defensively solid but his offensive play can leave a little left to desire at times.

Plus Adriano deserves more time, he was in great form before he got that injury at the beginning of the year.

Home of Barca Fans