Mateo Kovačić

Morten

Madrid laughing at another club spending a lot of money, how surreal

Never claimed Madrid were any better, we all know they like to spend big, not trying to play it down either.
Its funny when its Barca who is poaching galacticos, as they like to potray themselves as "better" than everyone else. "Mes que un club", "la masia" and all that stuff. Suddenly Barca is just your everyday big club spending big each summer, few local talents looking to take the big step etc.

Barcafan 2304

Lol depends on your point of view I guess but yes, I actually agree. We have lost some of our cred here and it seems that the current president and board will go down the spending route and become more akin to Perez. Yes, take your point actually.

Morten

Lol depends on your point of view I guess but yes, I actually agree. We have lost some of our cred here and it seems that the current president and board will go down the spending route and become more akin to Perez. Yes, take your point actually.

Ofc, its not easy to keep up that talent production at the highest level as Barca did at one point. Its in fact almost impossible if the ambition is to always compete/win the biggest titles. So spending big now is very understandable.

F

Flavia

Never claimed Madrid were any better, we all know they like to spend big, not trying to play it down either.
Its funny when its Barca who is poaching galacticos, as they like to potray themselves as "better" than everyone else. "Mes que un club", "la masia" and all that stuff. Suddenly Barca is just your everyday big club spending big each summer, few local talents looking to take the big step etc.
"Mes que um club" was never about any of that... You really shouldn't talk about something you clearly have no idea what it is.

Morten

"Mes que um club" was never about any of that... You really shouldn't talk about something you clearly have no idea what it is.

Maybe not that exact phrase, but Barca has indeed liked to potray themselves as something "different" and "better" than anyone else in recent years.

F

Flavia

Maybe not that exact phrase, but Barca has indeed liked to potray themselves as something "different" and "better" than anyone else in recent years.
I have no idea what you're talking about now. In footballing terms, Barça have been the best in the past decade. But the club portraying themselves as better than anyone? That's really made up stuff.

Morten

I have no idea what you're talking about now. In footballing terms, Barça have been the best in the past decade. But the club portraying themselves as better than anyone? That's really made up stuff.

Not really, i only need to quote Xavi after basically everytime Barca lost, basically. But its best just to stop, we will never agree on that one.

F

Flavia

Not really, i only need to quote Xavi after basically everytime Barca lost, basically. But its best just to stop, we will never agree on that one.
Oh, I didn't know Xavi's opinions were somehow taken as the club portraying themselves as better than anyone else. And that also has absolutely nothing to do with the "mes que un club" motto.

dakt

If he gains confidence...sky is the limit. But he cannot be better then Pogba since Pogba is 4x more expensive. You cannot deny math! :coffee:

MaxY

Devil May Cry
If he gains confidence...sky is the limit. But he cannot be better then Pogba since Pogba is 4x more expensive. You cannot deny math! :coffee:

The sad thing is that some people won't understand that you are aren't serious and will actually agree with you :facepalm:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yes Kovacic is the next Iniesta while Pogba is the next Alex Song.

People complain about Pogba being overhyped or overrated, but Kovacic has exceeded him in that on this forum.

The next you'll hear is that Kovacic is the best midfielder in the World. From being inconsistent at Inter while Pogba was outperforming Pirlo and Vidal last season in Juventus before he got injured while Verratti was ruling the midfield for PSG and delivering stellar performances in Europe too, to both suddenly getting rated less than Mateo Kovacic because of one game at Real Madrid and his army :lol:

I'm gonna love the reaction here if Bartomeu still goes on and signs Pogba the Summer of 2016.

I still remember how Toni Kroos was the next Xavi when he joined Real Madrid and how people were crying because we signed Rakitic instead of him. We all saw how that turned out. Kroos isn't even Germany's best CM when his compatriots are healthy, Gundogan is better.

Last edited:

valk

Yes Kovacic is the next Iniesta while Pogba is the next Alex Song.

People complain about Pogba being overhyped or overrated, but Kovacic has exceeded him in that on this forum.

The next you'll hear is that Kovacic is the best midfielder in the World. From being inconsistent at Inter while Pogba was outperforming Pirlo and Vidal last season in Juventus before he got injured while Verratti was ruling the midfield for PSG and delivering stellar performances in Europe too, to both suddenly getting rated less than Mateo Kovacic because of one game at Real Madrid and his army :lol:

I'm gonna love the reaction here if Bartomeu still goes on and signs Pogba the Summer of 2016.

I still remember how Toni Kroos was the next Xavi when he joined Real Madrid and how people were crying because we signed Rakitic instead of him. We all saw how that turned out. Kroos isn't even Germany's best CM when his compatriots are healthy, Gundogan is better.

Toni Kroos is a freak. I'm a Madrid fan, and Modric is considered by a large number of individuals, the best midfielder in the world at the moment. Well, I think Kroos is better. His intelligence is ridiculous. In this moment, his movement, passing, composure and awaraness are second to none. People bow to more flashy midfielders like Modric, Verratti or Thiago but the German is always a step ahead when it comes to making decisions. Ridiculously smart.

Home of Barca Fans